Rack suitcase

Anyone know of a carry case that is shaped like a suitcase where you open the top and the rails run across the open face? Ive been looking for a shallow rack case to mount my a4 in but all of the shallow cases i’ve seen have rails across the front.
TIA

Could you please make a picture of the case you needed in? How many rack units do you need? http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?bf=&sw=rack+case

Thanks for the reply. Will do. in the meantime, it opens up like a dj mixer case but is only four inches deep, there are rack rails along the left and right side that are say 20" long each, the front edge of the case is wide enough for the 19" required by the a4.
Ill add an image when i get to a computer.

The terms you want to search for are “pop up mixer case”

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmi&field-keywords=pop+up+mixer+case

The thing about these is while they can hold 2 Elektron instruments rack mounted, and at a convenient viewing angle, they add a LOT of weight. 15 to 20lbs, usually.

Bear in mind they are often too large for carrying on to air planes as well.

1 Like

Well those are cool. Thank you. You’re right though, a lot of bulk to be strapping to a bicycle.
Here’s an image.

And a lot of unused space due to the size difference of the Elektrons and a 19" rack.
They are wonderful for mixers, though.

A little extra space is good since there will be cables and other gear and whatnot. A lot of extra space, less so. I wonder if I could get my dream case and screw rails into it or build a little chassis for rails inside. Was hoping to go retail though.

Just wish Elektron will start thinking about swingable rear interface panels…

1 Like

I’ve ordered very comfortable case for my toys: OT, A4, and something more.

I had to order creating special case, because I wanted to connect all stuff to be ready for playing at any time without any connections. Also I wanted case-on-weels, to easy travelling.

It will be ready soon. I will post some photos, when I will got it.

@quadrica – any update? :slight_smile:

I just make my own and it all fits in a peli case :slight_smile: ready for travelling the world!