Quicksave sound?

Isn’t there a way to “quicksave” a sound you’re editing? I have to write down on piece of paper which sound i’m editing (since the screen does not give this info afaik) and then browse through the patches and save over the one i’m editing? Hopefully i’m missing something here because it seems a bit cumbersome, even for Elektron.

Pressing Yes + Sound will take you to the first free sound slot on the +drive ready to enter a name.

2 Likes

Not too interested in that, i just want to overwrite the current sound that i’m editing. I tweak the sounds quite often.

I don’t believe there is. Again, this is a reason why the A4 sound labeling system sucks. At least show us the bank and slot number for the sound so we can easily retrieve it.

Once you bring the sound into the kit, it has no link to the sounds on the +drive, it is part of the kit and will get saved with it. You can quick save a kit with Yes + Kit.

3 Likes

i dont use kits, have no use for them. I use the A4 as a 4 voice poly-synth…

seems like quite an oversight to not let people easily overwrite the current sound they are editing, i dont know of any synth where you cant do this very easily. Should not be hard to implement such a feature either.

so the procedure is to write down on a paper what sound you are working on (i’ve accidentaly overwritten the wrong sound once, since i can’t see what im currently editing - also really awful design :frowning: ) and then menu dive to be able to browse to the sound to be able to overwrite it, that’s terrible design…

I’d say that especially if you use A4 as a 4-voice poly “kits” are extremely interesting:

If you use kits to select your sounds, you can change fx-settings and poly/mono/layer settings along with changing the sound.

If you use only sound presets then you always keep the same fx settings, only the send level will be different.

3 Likes

but kits are no fun to browse, very slow in comparison to pressing up/down… I tend to create a e.g a melody and then i browse through the different patches to see how it sounds using different sounds, with kits this would be a very time consuming process. Often I find something that works even better than the original sound used.

Some year ago i had the idea that i should create perhaps 200 kits with Overbridge and then very easily being able to browse them from there, but no, it can only save 1 kit??

1 Like