Quick way to create Sounds

Hello community, this is my first post here, I greet you all :kiss:
I like to quickly create a bunch of Sounds which I can assign on a step-basis from the Sound Pool

For me it would suffice if the resulting Sound would just store the sample and therefore be track-agnostic, thus

1. Synth is disabled by double tapping Synth and selecting disabled
  2. in the Trig-Section the SYN-Toggle would be off.

This way one can load the sample on any of the 12 tracks (pads).

Currently to achieve this …

1. … I have to load them onto the+Drive
  2. … load the Sample into the project-pool
  3. … load from the pool into a Track (pad) and make desired tweaks (in my case turn SYN off in the Trig menu, load a sample into the slots, other settings default)
  4. … save as new Sound with [func] + MUTE, Soundmanager, locate a free slot, save a new Sound

With Overbridge this process is definitely a bit faster, but still isn’t there a bulk-operation, batch-routine or something like this?

It’d be nice if one could quickly make Sounds from e.g. sample kits to get straight away creative without spending too much efforts in meta-work before.

How do you f.i. transform a bunch of percussion-samples to Analog Rytm sounds? Is there a quicker than described above?

Thank you

You have to find your own workflow, but I’d suggest if you are leaning on samples to only create sounds using one of the following SRC/SYN machines (double click SYNTH/SRC)

choose NoiseGen / Impulse / Disable

Import a sample to a sound based on one of these machines and it will play on ALL tracks

Then if you copy the sound and change the sample, you are only needing to deal with sample selection to get to a new sound

The only way it got quicker was if you were using the now defunct IoS app from Void which streamlines this, there may be others, but there’s no shortcuts on the device

Think more about Sounds/Kits and less about samples - the machine takes care of loading the samples when the sound is called up

Thanks you for the info! Could you post the link to the app as well? I can not find this app - I found 2 others, one is called Collider and the other one is a sampling IOS tool with AR in app option: STROM. The last one ist by Void. Which of the two would be closer to my use case (quick way to create AR sounds of samples)?

And yes, I have to find my workflow I just wondered if there were a quicker way to get a AR Sound wrapping a Sample.

@mekohler can talk you through your workflow thoughts with his app (Collider), which is up to date

1 Like

Using AR as just a sampleplayer… well. You’d be missing a lot I’d say.

Using AR as just a sampleplayer… well. You’d be missing a lot I’d say.

No of course I am not using it as sample player, I love the analog synthesis of the AR specially the dual VCO, the BDs and Tom machines are awesome :yum:
The thing is I recorded a bunch of glitches of some granular m4l sample mangling and I’d love to load them as sounds into the projects sound pool in order to select them on a per step basis. In order to achieve this they have to be of AR “sound” type which leads me to this post :wink:

1 Like

Ah, got that totally wrong.