Quick question on OT as a looper

The whole reason I got the WD was to get away from “sequencing” :slight_smile:

I’ve got Reaper, AR, AK, Nord Drum 2 (best, most “playable” synth drums ever… AR is deeper, for the way ND responds to velocity… Awesome. Made me go buy a Nord 2 Rack fo rmore “melodic, poly” percussion…), DrumKay, Pad8 (old skool octapad!). But WaveDrum is so nice an immediate… And because with percussion the initial transient is soo important, you can get somuch variation by using brushes, soft mallets, sticks, etc. The running through guitar pedal with compression at the start it’s super cool to create textures…

But what I’m really waiting fo ris Pear’ls new midi mallet controller. .USB powered… Under a grand… KMI smart fabric sensors… Amazing. Played it at NAMM… OOHHHHHH Octatrack, don’t you tempt my moneey before I get that thing!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use an infinity looper and always deliberating about fx before or after looper. Solution - both!

Yeah I saw the KMI thing. Aframe looks great too.
Can’t wait to experiment sending audio from OT thru WD algorithms, using the pressure captor and play over it…:loopy:
I had an Hpd15 too.
The Original WD was midi apparently…

And then another looper, then into an Octatrack… Then into a DJ mixer with send FX.

1 Like

Not too far off the truth:
Pedals - looper - pedals - OT - mixer - aux- pedals - looper - no wait…where am I…

Yea, I’ve thought of tapping into one of the rim mics so I can have a kick pedal driving contact mic/piezo or something like that.

1 Like

You know that editor?

Whoa, that looks cool. But Scribdedededededed or whatever won’t let me dl unless I give them my life… :frowning:

@Drumunkey
This weekend with Wavedrum I’ll use OT as an insert FX between sensors and algorithms. :loopy:
Dry sensors recordings, mangled by OT, processed by wavedrum algorithms, additional FX with OT.

The 2 Wavedrum sensors soldered to rca LR > OT in AB (Skin Left, Rim Right)
Cue Out > rca soldered to algorithms circuit.
Wavedrum LR output > OT in CD

2 Likes

You have absolutely gotta video that, and shoot some pics of the wiring job!

It works really well !
I played Amen Break that played Tabla and Tampura, changing notes with pressure.
Rim didn’t work at first, I had to invert some things to make it work, had to invert OT return too, but I can’t explain (little family around).

I’ll create a new topic for that, when I’ll receive the proper RCA Cinch. I think I’ll install a switch to revert to normal state, but it is not that easy.

1 Like