Quick OTmk1 question about REC 3

Hey all. I recently re-acquired an OT mk1 after almost 2 years without. Having fun sampling, slicing and re sampling all the livelong day. Quick question though: Is there a shortcut to REC 3? I’m familiar with the quick record off of Input AB and Input CD, but how to i do quick record my REC 3? I know I can put a record trig down to do this, but is there another way that I’m forgetting? For example I made a cool drum part using 4 tracks and I want to bounce them down to 1 sample as quickly as I could grabbing a beat sampled off of my inputs. I like to use Track 8 as my “sampler” track to my track 1-7 drum sounds. I’m sure theres a quick record function like there is recording off of the inputs but I can’t remember. OT mk2 has that REC 3 button. Does mk1 do this too? Can anyone help?

also - now that I finally have this wonderful trig condition update - how do i engage Fills? Where’s the Fill button on an MK1? THANKS!!!

The MIDI button

thank you. Im confused though because i just tried it and it didnt work. With ot NOT in step record mode you hit page + Up or Down arrrow? Or Page + MIDI.

Sorry - The MIDI button is your conduit to SRC3 recording - the OTfill stuff will be in the other thread - not the slickest compared to MK2’s or analogs

1 Like

ok great! that solves a big issue I was having with resampling. Thank you! I still cannot get Fill to work, though. Yes it was quite easy on the Analogs.

1 Like

there is a manual :wink:

12.13 FILL MODE
FILL mode can be used to create a temporary variation, such as a drum fill, to a pattern. The trig condition
FILL is affected depending on if the OCTATRACK MKI is in FILL mode or not.
Press [DOWN] + [PATTERN PAGE] to activate FILL mode for one pattern cycle. It will become active when
the pattern loops, and remain active until it loops again. You can also activate FILL mode at any time, and for
any duration, by pressing and holding the [UP] + [PATTERN PAGE] keys when the pattern is playing. The
FILL mode is active for as long as the keys are held. If you want to latch FILL mode, press [UP] + [DOWN]

• [PATTERN PAGE]. Press [UP] + [PATTERN PAGE] to unlatch FILL mode
1 Like

thank you very much. It is now working. You are right it is NOT the slickest way to implement a fill. This will take some getting used to. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes