Question about VAT for UK ‘Nauts

The last item I bought from Thomann some time ago was listed as exclusive of VAT. I paid the VAT via the courier on delivery. All as expected…

Just perusing on Thomann now and they’re showing the price inclusive of VAT. So if I buy from them do I not have to pay VAT on delivery anymore? Have the rules changed? I’m confused…

Think it’s all back to normal now. I’d read this first though

4 Likes

Cool, I’ll take a look :+1:

1 Like

Exactly this, and it’s also to clear up the issue of returns (as in a UK customer having to return to the EU)… up until July 1st you had to chase down your VAT refund from HMRC, now most companies like Thomann have systems in place to refund you it all and they handle the tax side.

3 Likes

No, already included,brought something last week from there, delivery seemed faster as well

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies guys :+1:

Wait, so ordering in the UK from Thomann doesn’t incur any additional fees? I’ve just read that link and it doesn’t seem possible, that’s amazing. :smiley:

1 Like

Yup. What threw me was the item I was looking at was considerably cheaper than the average UK price… more or less the VAT amount cheaper.

1 Like

Yeah, some things work out a lot cheaper and there delivery seems a lot faster than the start of us leaving Europe, received my item 2 days after they posted it

That’s so clever, I hope other EU companies are able to follow suit. I bought some excellent value clamping speaker stands from Thomann pre-Brexit and was heartbroken that I couldn’t use Thomann again without incurring heavy and confusing fees.

1 Like

Yeah I brought something in February, worked out more expensive with the charges and took about 3 weeks to arrive :sweat_smile: was gutted​:laughing:

1 Like

Everything seems to be settling into some sort of system where the retailers are finally taking responsibility for customs/VAT. From their point of view, it really isn’t that difficult or time consuming to deal with, probably doesn’t add much to each item they ship, time wise, probably well worth it given the extra trade it will generate.

3 Likes