Question about using Model:Samples with iOS AUM and Ableton Link via USB + Audio & MIDI

Edit: After testing everything out myself it does work.

Hi all,

So my Model:Samples is on the way and I’m planning on using it mainly with my iPad and AUM for hybrid live projects. AUM will be used for send/return FX and as a mixer for other sources. Basically, I want to know if I can use Ableton Link in AUM to sync up Ableton Link iOS apps, Traktor 3 and the Model:Samples through the USB connection.

I want to take the Model:Samples’ digital output as as input channel in AUM so I can basically do whatever I want with the audio, then send the main AUM mix channel to the sound card of the Model:Samples (TRS Stereo and Headphone TRS). This should all technically work right? Does anyone here use this sort of setup? Does it work well? I hope someone can give some insight into this.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, KraftCode

Hi, can you describe how you route the model samples to Aum? I’m on my iPhone and cck with the model but doesn’t see the model on Aum

I answer myself, it was the usb cord the problem. With the MS usb works fine

In case someone else is wondering, i’ll give a try :wink:

I am using Aum with an iPad and it receives MIDI tempo from an OT.
I don’t need Ableton Link since all is receiving MIDI from the OT (the MIDI must be setup within each app) and synced that way.

1 Like