Question About New / Open-Box Octatrack

Hi All -

I picked up an open-box Octatrack last night and found the unit in good shape aside from some obvious wear on the button graphics from the previous user(s). The 16GB SD card was in there but the factory content was not.

I have a couple questions for the community:

1. Is it possible to download the factory content so I can put it back on the SD card and essentially restore the unit to new-in-box state?
  2. Should I return it for a new, unopened box for any other reason?

I’m a long-tooth OG music-maker that’s been working with loopers and Ableton Live for 10+ years and am very much looking forward to seeing what I can make happen with the Octatrack.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

heres the factory content for OT

1. I wouldnt worry about it so long as the discount was appropriate. if it was sent as an open box deal im surprised the other user had it long enough to wear the graphics down. been using mine for ages and its immaculate. welcome to the forums

i imagine (and it’s based on a presumption) that you’re merely observing the moulding process and its manufactured inaccuracies - my hunch is that it’s not ‘rubbing off’

you won’t be able to ask (or get) factory content from any users - just directly from Elektron, and that would definitely be at their discretion

Sweet! Thank you for the speedy reply!!!

Factory content downloading as we speak and I am definitely not going to worry about the minor cosmetic stuff. The store manager where I bought it is very cool and told me that I could take it home and make sure I bond with it, then he could order me a new-in-box one later if I wish.

Thanks again!

…wooo…u found an old worn out ot !?

that’s what i’d call a nice surprise…enjoy…

but u don’t really have to bother for lack of demo content…just get it started…
first thing to download is the manual…and check for it’s os version first of all…