Question about MD and FL Studio

wherever you found this, thanks for posting (and augmenting)! would make a worthy addition to the files section if you don’t mind putting it there.

2 Likes

regarding the Map editor, it could be possible that you simply forgot to push the “ok” button after mapping the keyboard notes. happened to me several time too during my learning curve.

1 Like

the thing is that i set nothing there…i used the settings as they were originally set in MD for FL…thought its easier that way…

will poke around…got time…im in no hurry
Thanks for the idea!
im already Glad with the things i learned today…
and if once this time signatures would work out that would be the topping on the cake!will try and report back if i get something going…
Thanks Guys Great Forum!Pychonauts-Elektronauts Foreva!

and now back to the beloved silver box(-es)
:smiley:

Thanks ! Definitly better than manual’s list.
Not sure about the colors. :slight_smile:

There are different ways to name notes.
Note C60 can be C3 or C4 or whatever.
It’s even different between OT and A4 !
Maybe that’s why there’s a difference.

2 Likes

No-no…it all makes sense…im on my way to work so cant check it but im sure it was a C 2 note what i sent to MD,cause that was set in the map editor and it changed to C something…
Or wait…maybe i got it now!you mean that if it changes i should just press YES and it will set itself and im happy?
This is what you tried to tell me too @sezare56?that i should press YES and m good to go?im this stupid…somebody tells me the answer and i ignore it… :#
It would be beautiful!
Cant wait to get home and try this!
But May i ask why is this happening?is FL out of tune so to speak?
Would be sOooo Happy if this would work!
Thanks Nauts!

Actually if its so…its really helpful!
Otherwise i would have a hard time to find out what note it plays instead of C2.
I hope its this!
Why did i come to work…should have stayed with my beloved

1 Like

In 2 words, midi learn ? :wink:

My map settings were revert to default.
I guess it’s because I changed the snapshot ?

1 Like

Thanks a lot for posting this table!

(MD must have the wierdest MIDI CC mapping ever implemented… anybody knows why they didn’t go with Channel 1 - 16 for the Tracks 1 - 16? That would have been most natural and easy to work with.
Most helpful would be to be able to choose between wierd, natural and NRPN))

Weird indeed, a option mode with 16 channels would have been interesting.
That said, it let you control 4 tracks with 1 channel, interesting for me for external control with OT.

Is there a way to have CTR OUT for Play/Stop without sending sequencer notes? (Not talking about midi machines)

to me it’s logical and understandable. otherwise, midi cc for all the parameter of every track cannot implemented. and there are many parameters. also all 16 midi channels would be occupied by the MD and that’s not good, when you use the MD as Master in a midi chain and all that stuff. just my own opinion

1 Like

ok got back home…tried it as you sad…
in the mapping: 01BD was hi-lit and it sad C 2 lit,when i pressed a C 2 key in FL it turned to C 1 in MD (one octave down as you sad)
if i press C 1 in FL it goes C 0 and so on…
another thing is when i start the sequencer this mapping goes wild and jumps from C 2 to D 2
and i remember now…
this was the thing that kept me back from doing polyrhythms with the MnM Arp on the MD too(some of you might remember my post earlier on that)…and here i am again…triing the same thing differently and the same thing keeps me back again…
could someone help me on this?would be 2 flies with 1 hit
than maybe i could do everything DAWless with the MnM+MD and use FL just to set BPM automations there…would be sweet
i could control 6 track with the MnM…and that to me is more than enough(for the time being)
if i understand this and make it work i go back to my cave for a while and leave you with my questions…
for a while…
:wink:
Cheers!

That is not a real problem as I said. C60 refence is different between FL and MD, that’s all.

1 Like

that did not work
tried it before in FL i think midi learn is the same as link to controller in FL(forgive me if im wrong)
it linked to it but nothing happened further…if i turned MD pot linked tweeked the midi out plugin linked pot but other way around nothing…no visual or Audible difference
but the way @phaelam explained works splendid (thanks again)
Im sorry to ask @sezare56 but could you please explain in detail how can i solve this what im facing at the moment?
And also would anyone have an idea why is my mapping changing like crazy if i start the sequence?
Im avare that this all might be obvious for you guys but i still dont understand this.

Sorry it’s too late for me, I’m empirical and I’ll promise I’ll try MD with FL studio next week if you didn’t find solutions.
Could you say in a few several points what you want to do ?
I’m french, and if I have too much informations I’m a bit lost…

Don’t hesitate to remind me. :wink:

1 Like

would appreciate any help on this cause it seems its a coming back issue…and would love to learn what happened…and why and how and all

at the moment since the MIDI CC question is cleared i “just” want to restart different tracks at different times creating different time signatures for some tracks…
tried it before with MnM arp and now with FL,but im facing the crazy mapping change issue again…

dont worry i wont :smiley:
Thanks again @sezare56 !
and All who tries to help!

Octatrack ? :wink:

2 Likes

Yepp its on my to get list,with an mc 202…after a Sherman filterbank…and really considering to start to build some modules,and sloooowly in some years get into modular… :slight_smile:
I need a lottery…

Auwww…
Feared this could happen once… :slight_smile:
Will Pm you in a bit…