Question about importing Sound Packs to Digitone

I suspect I may have made a mistake. I just purchased a Digitone and one sound pack. Then I downloaded C6 and transfered said sound pack to the Digitone. At first, I couldn’t find these new sounds amidst all the others. Now it looks like it replaced all of the sounds that were in the sound pool with these new sounds. However, I’m having a hard time finding them elsewhere. Did I do something wrong? I think I’m confused about sound banks, how they work, how I should understand them etc. Should I have sent them to a specific sound bank ie. sound bank D or E? If so, how do I do that?

Another question I have is, if I reformat the +drive will I lose all my factory preset sounds? I was thinking it might be a good idea to restore the Digitone to it’s factory settings and try this again (I have no projects saved at the moment).

I think I got a little ahead of myself. Any insights on optimal sound management would be highly appreciated.

I managed to connect my Digitone to my PC via Overbridge and found it was much easier to manage sounds and sound packs via their software.

It does look like I replaced the default sound pool with this new pack. It would be nice to be able undo that/return the sound pool to it’s factory settings, but that’s not a big deal.

If anyone find themselves confused about sound management I suggest they connect their Digitone to a computer, permitting they’re able to.

One of the things that I noticed is that the sound banks show how many slots are empty, not how many are in use. So I was very careful when receiving sound packs (like the Digitone Keys Bank A) over sysex to select the next bank reading “256”, since “0” means that bank is already filled.

If you’ve registered your product, you should find the default factory banks for Digitone AND Digitone Keys as a download in your “My Sound Banks” page, accessible via the upper-right menu on the site.

Once downloaded, you can use these sysex files to restore your factory sounds.

BTW, make sure to include the new Digitone Keys Bank A (I put it in Bank C as recommended) because it has some fantastic sounds (especially the generative evolving stuff), and the free “Uncanny Valley” pack is a great resource for additional drum/percussion sound choices.

I’ve also just picked up the “Bionik Walk” and “Hidden” packs, so I think I’m kind of set for a while … lol