Quasimidi Rave-o-lution 309 - oled display upgrade

well, I would try to reinstall the OS before making any radical moves. if that does not help next step would be to check ICs related to buttons. i dont know the internal structure of poly but i guess it consists of a main board (cpu, display etc) and a button/knobs board.

if that is the case try to disconnect the user interface board from the main board and see if the issue still persists. that should give some indication where the problem originates from in terms of topography.

edit: have checked 309. it uses HEF4051BT multiplexers and HC573 latches. your machine likely uses similar or same ICs. if the knobs/buttons board is causing the issue it could happen that one of those components is either faulty or joints would require a reflow.

HI and very thanks for your Help!!!;much appreciated!! in the end I am very inexperienced, therefore, with your indications, I will have it checked by a technician …I hope to resolve this problem!
thanks AGAIN!!
piero

let us know when you sort it out. good luck

of course :wink: thanks!!

…the quasimidi 309…one of those machines i had once and totally forgot where it ended up…
literally lost tracking of it along my sonic ways…
damn…

this thing would be a burner today, just by running it through an analog heat…

and it would look awesome with such an oled hack of urs…

Hello guys, just in case, i ordered white oled screen from here and it works perfectly on my 309!
Aliexpress
I hope it will help others.
Cheers!!

1 Like

Great news. Thanks for sharing the link. It seems that it is either original Winstar or its clone. Either way these shouldn’t introduce a noise into the signal path.