Push rotary encoders for Machinedrum & Analog 4 MKI - replacement part

ok, so i opened up A4, and dimensions are the same as the suggested encoder,
this one;

Mouser No: 652-PEC16-4020FS0024
Mfr. No: PEC16-4020F-S0024

so next, I am ordering it today from mouser, and we will see if this will actually also work :wink: fingers crossed

1 Like

I am 99.9% sure that it will.

1 Like

I have seen your posts related to screen replacement in A4. By any chance do you have part number (photo) of the display?

Actually it was sent to me from Elektron. I can look the old one to see if there is manuf. number there or something helpfull. I still have the old one somewhere, ill look for it a d post the pictures.

Please do.

I got encoders from Elektron support. I also got some more from ebay from italy. Replaced encoders from my Monomachine, Octatrack & Rytm mk1. The ebay ones do not feel as stiff as the Elektron ones. Both work fine, look the same, but just feel a little bit different. Prefered the ones I got from Elektron, but both are good options.

1 Like

This is the screen that i replaced.

what was the manufacturer of those purchased from ebay?

thanks for posting the pictures. very informative.

1 Like

So, this is it, it works perfectly, it is the same kind of encoder like the originals from my mk1. But be careful, it is not an easy swoop! If you are not experienced at soldering, and you don’t have a good desoldering pump, the one that is heated, i would not recomend to try to do it by your self.
P.S
Maybe add A4mk1 to the title?

hey, thanks for sharing great news and thanks for the confirmation.

removing encs is way easier if they are disassembled first. by doing so only the base of the enc is left and there is more room to cut it off. desoldering in one piece does require skills and tools indeed.

topic title now includes A4 :slight_smile:

well it was thanks to you :wink:
yeah, i did disassemble the encoder first, but still guys, be careful, you don’t wanna damage your best friend, the pcb connections are kind of thin :slight_smile:

you are giving me too much credit :slight_smile:

btw if i am not mistaken pec16 were also used in waldorf’s blofeld…

Thanks for the heads up man, here I was thinking after reading the thread it’d be a walk in the park :crazy_face:

Better send the Rytm to Elektron instead :slight_smile:

yeah, don’t practice your soldering skills on your elektron device guys :smile:

Hello! I talked with a guy who designs electronics, and he told me it would be better to just change wonky encoders and not all of them, to protect the board. What do you think about it?
Thank you!

well. ideally the encs should not go wonky :slight_smile: that aside, with proper methodology and tools very little can go wrong. but the guy is right in minimising a risk of causing potential damage. the pcb in md is of good quality and very “patient” to withstand controlled interference :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to change all at once so that they feel the same and i‘m really unsure about this. Well at first i should get thr right ones. thank you!

100% agreed

Hallo!
I am not sure right now and I hope someone can answer it. Those encoders, do they match for a Monomachine mk2? Are they the right ones?
Thank you very, very much!