Push 3 Users Thread

Yes, you can just sample into any Audi track slot. And then you can use Convert to load the recorded sample into the Simpler.

Convert Audio Options.

Converting the audio to Simpler adds the audio clip into a new Simpler device.

Converting the audio to a Drum Pad adds the audio clip into a new Drum Rack on the first pad.

You can also convert audio into MIDI notes using the Audio to MIDI methods: Harmony-MIDI, Melody-MIDI, or Drums-MIDI.

Harmony-MIDI – The pitches in a polyphonic audio clip are identified and converted into MIDI notes, and the audio is replaced with an Instrument Rack containing a piano preset (which can be swapped out for any other instrument as needed). This option works best for harmonic instruments like guitar and piano.

Melody-MIDI – The pitches in a monophonic audio clip are identified and converted into MIDI notes, and the audio is replaced with an Instrument Rack containing a synth preset (which can be swapped out for any other instrument as needed). This option works best for vocal clips or soloed instrument samples.

Drums-MIDI – The rhythms from unpitched percussive audio are identified and converted into MIDI notes, and the audio is replaced with a Drum Rack containing a 606 Core Kit preset (which can be swapped out for any other drum kit as needed). This option works best for recorded breakbeats or beatboxing clips.

Note that the Audio to MIDI options are not available in the Live Intro edition.

11 Likes

Thanks @AriHaf! Valuable information…

1 Like

Managed to lock my pads again this morning, by swapping drumkit presets while playing a hihat repeteadly with the repeat function (so I had my finger down on the pad during the process of swapping the kit). Now they are pulsating slowly and I can’t play them. The pulse seems to indicate this is a feature though. How do I get back from there?

Edit: okay this one was easier just got out of swapping mode and pads returned to function. Does look like a bug then.

2 Likes

If I can find out definitively my usb c issue is firmware or a hardware thing I’lltake a look. Don’t want to tamper with it until I know it’s def a keeper.

Knowing my luck I’ll have to return for a replacement and then they’d tell me to beat it s as I voided the warranty😂

Speaking of sampling, I’ve been sampling my old house records into the push all morning. it’s great fun.

4 Likes

Standalone or controller mode?

Standalone

1 Like

“Convert” seems good for creating a new drum rack on a new track, but… Is it also possible to record a new sample into an existing drum rack? Maybe add new samples, or swap out samples that are already in there?

5 Likes

Can someone who has theirs please check your headphone out and let me know if it’s noisy, especially compared to main out?

1 Like

Foe the [people looking to see the unit opened up, this is a very comprehensive video showing it pulled apart and put back together!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it was quick, I’ve been meaning to do this for way too long! Glad it came just in time for your Push 3 though :smiley:

As far as I can see the Harmonics parameter is there in the code– not sure if there’s some strange issue with P3?

One cool thing about the update is that I made Jog (the OP-1/SH-101 style sequencer) completely programmable and controllable from a Push without the need of interacting with your computer. It works really well I think!

24 Likes

Is anyone else not seeing ‘available packs’ like they should when in standalone mode??

I’ve got it all linked, etc, and it’s recognising my Suite licence, but I’m not seeing the packs.

You are correct, @ess, I goofed. My apologies. It was way too late after an exhausting day to try and dive into this stuff. In any case, I have sent you an email, with pictures, detailing some observations bout Lux.

Off to play with the rest of Kit! :smiley:

3 Likes

This stand works very well to get some angle and lift on the Push 3. Had one laying around and it takes the weight of the Push just fine:

3 Likes

I didn’t notice any cross talk w/headphones on when playing around yesterday both plugged in and on battery. I will try and do a more critical listening session w/phones today and update this message.

1 Like

I saw that one but I was worried it was not quite wide enough as the width says 13". So no issue on your end? Does the Push overhang the edge?

1 Like

I have one, it does overhang but it’s not an issue really, especially with the bottom part of the Push 3 being clear. You get 50% of each of the round rubber feet on the stand too. It’s works well.

2 Likes

Agree with @CCMP.

The biggest “issue” I am having is that I can’t have my laptop on a stand behind Push 3 (whether on a stand or not). My desk is not quite deep enough. :sweat_smile:

Going to be on the lookout for a stand that can hold an M1 16" but is still shallow enough to fit behind Push 3. :laughing:

I just use a pair of these to stand my Push 3 controller on.

2 Likes

Maybe strange question but does anyone know if there is a limit on usb-c cable length? Can I theoretically use a 5 meter cable? Have my Laptop on the table and take the push on the couch using only one cable?