Purchase Octatrack in 2019?

Nice to see Eminem not doing rap for once.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Not when they started out. You only can do this sort of stuff after youve made your name.

1 Like

true, true

Every time I’ve seen Autchre play they’ve done so in almost total darkness - not sure when the first time was, maybe with someone like Boards of Canada in the mid-90s? But maybe they did use visuals at earlier gigs than that.

(Edit - it was 19 July 1996, for what it’s worth: https://bocpages.org/wiki/Gigs)

Get Bitwig and be done with it. Spend the money on fast laptop with ssd, maybe touch operated microsoft surface?

2 Likes

And I thought it’s all about music…

1 Like

Well…i mean…guetta :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I guess the guy in the video also read somewhere on the net that he needs to “maka a show”, to “have a presence”. Id rather have the lights off than watching him jumping like a monkey. Been to ae show 3 times and that concept works the best imo

3 Likes

You were standing in the dark?

Yes. But it’s not completely dark. After your eyes accommodate you can see where you are, ppl around you, where to stand or walk or dance.

3 Likes

They look about 15 years of age. Probably pleased they managed to sneak in and get away with underage drinking.

Yep, I’d buy a ticket just to see PaulMcCartney hit play on that 16track reel-to-reel recorder and let Sgt Peppers run for the whole 45 minutes while he’s sitting back in a chair reading the newspaper. But that’s indeed about spending some precious time in the physical presence of a legend while he presents a masterpiece. If we are on this forum debating “laptop vs hardware” for the umptiest time we ourselves are probably not yet there so … :wink:

5 Likes

One of Slam’s best tracks.

Yes, only old people enjoy dancing and electronic music. Must have slipped my mind

Tissue paper. Comb.

= infinite possibilities/no screen/analog.

2 Likes

That’s some kind of radical analogue comb filter right there.

2 Likes

Where?

I’ve just got the AR and A4 mk2s and was considering the OT to finish the set of grey boxes
but I’m on the fence about the OT…
not really interested in live sampling
Doesn’t have overbridge…
I read no midi over USB not sure if that’s true?
probably would rather just use ableton for the sample part…
It just seems to be of an older format? And could get a DT and DN for around same price…

1 Like

Pretty old. But people were very exited at release! Black Monolith.

3 Likes