PU recording 96 step loop

Hi all, seem impossible to record a loop of 96 step with the PU, my settings are Trig=one2, RLen=Max, Qrec=Plen and QPlay=PLen.
When I stop the recorder (around 96 step) it changes at 128step and the BPM of song automatically changes.
Have I done something wrong?
Thanks

Check this thread out: Pickup Erase? + Reset PUM?

Hi, new here! I’m having the exact same issue. When I record a loop via Pickup Machines it goes great when they are 16 (1 bar), 32 (2 bars), 64 (4 bars), 128 (8 bars), 256 (16 bars) etc. steps long, but the I try 96 (so the odd 6 bars) or 192 (12 bars) it changes to the nearest “default” scale length of 128 or 256 and change the BMP. No matter what scale length or time signature I use.

I use the QREC to PLEN so when a song is playing I can press Pickup+ (REC1) and have a little bit of time to get both hands on the guitar and play. Then when nearing the eind of the scale I quickly press Pickup Stop (REC 2) and the loop stopt right on the end of the nearest pattern.

The funny thing is that when I try the same thing an record 3 bars (48) steps it works just fine, by just setting RLEN to 48. The biggest problem is that I cannot set RLEN to longer than 64 cause then it changes to RLEN MAX.

Is there a solution? Cause not all my songs kan be broken down in even bars (1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc.).

Use a Recorder / Flex instead of Pickups, at least for 6 bars or similar.

1 Like