Prophet 12 with Digitone?

Looking forward to it.

I have returned to the Digitone from time to time, to re-evaluate its place in my rig. Given that on paper, it really is the perfect synth for me, I’ve always felt I should give it another go.

But it’s like you say - that weight from a Sequential, the Digitone just can’t touch that. If that matters, then there’s no replacing it.

Though for drum duties, I would imagine it’s pretty damn excellent. An MFB cuts through the mix like a japanese kitchen knife, but it’s not nearly as flexible in design and sequencing as a Digitone.

2 Likes

I thought about picking up another digitone just because I miss running Tanzbär 2 thru its audio inputs.

2 Likes

Yes, playing also electric guitar, I need more weight from the synths and a layer of P12 with unison and mild distortion is another level. MFB is top of its field but its steps are too static at some point.

1 Like

The Elektron effects with the MFBs are fitting really nicely. When I had the Tanzbaer 2 (yes I had also that before returning it to the T shop for heavy bugs) I used one A4 input for the Tz2 synth track and the other input for the “Voice 1” track and its filter was screaming. Sonically I really miss the Tanzbaer 2 but I had very likely a faulty unit.

1 Like

In the end, the third gear of my ideal trio was not Digitone but Digitakt. It’s about a year now that I am enjoying music life with A4-P12-Digitakt and I would recommend to anybody the Digitakt. The sound samples from MFB 522 and Tanzbaer sound very good and realistic on the Digitakt.

2 Likes