Program change at 1/2 scale

I’m messing around with scale on the samples with the digitone sending ppm change and can’t seem to get the changes synced correctly if both machines aren’t running at the same scale (i.e. change patterns at the same time). Basically I have pattern c01 running on the dt and the samples. Dt is 1x scale and the samples is 1/2 scale. Both are 64 steps. If I trigger pattern change on the digitone after step 1 on the digitone with the samples after step 32, it delays the change on the samples until after it cycles through the whole pattern again. I have tried adjusting the change length on the samples to every option I can think but can never time it so the program /pattern changes in sync when I queue to C02 in the digitone. I am sure I’m missing something. Or It could be a limitation which I am fine with but it’d be good to know if there was a way to do this. Hopefully that makes sense!

I don’t have digitone but I used to get a similar issue with the A4 and Octa combo. I can’t remember properly now but I think it was fixed in a firmware update on A4, but it was still necessary to run them both at 1/2 scale.

What happens if you do your pattern switch after half of the longest pattern has cycled?

1 Like

If I do the change on step 1-32 of of a 64 step pattern on the digitone (running 1x) while the Samples (running 1/2)) is on steps 32-64, the Samples goes to the end of the pattern and cycles through 1-64 again before changing to the next pattern.

That sounds annoying, I’m not sure what else to suggest. I’d try different values for the ‘change’ parameter in scale setup. I’m not sure if digitone has per track scale multipliers but if not then I would also try M:S as master (this will also get round the problem of it dropping the first note when slaved, although maybe the digitone does that too).

Edit: if this is the same issue as I had with A4/Octa, then running both devices at 1/2 speed should smooth things out.

Thanks! I’ll keep at it and update if I am able to crack it. Manually triggering the changes on both machines works fine if I want to keep those scales the same.

1 Like

Hi Folks! I have a similar issue with my M:S. The first 3 patterns have the same length (64 step 1x length 16). At part 4 I like to change the length by turn the scale to 64 step 1/2x. The other items work fine with scale or not. But the M:S starts the patterns late when I turne the scale to 1/2. How late depends on the length of the pattern. When I turn the scale back to 1x the program change works perfect. …but then I can’t make longer patterns. NEED HELP! :rofl: