Product Design / Hardware Development

I can’t help but wonder whats going on behind the curtains @ Elektrons laboratory
So here’s my cheeky question:

Is there any information out there about the actual development process/workflow pipeline Elektron uses when designing new hardware/prototypes? (or any info on legacy gear regarding the subject)

• Any guesses on software/programming language used?
  • How do they prototype/playtest? Is it emulated or loaded onto real hardware? Like maybe some custom designed Digi-interface like a breadboard they can build upon/direct link to flash it?
  • Schematics? I saw someone posting his DIY fix of his monomachine with pics. As well as some quick snapshots from around the office, back in the days from Elektrons website from about the time they were busy developing the SIDstation
  • And much more stuff sparking my cheeky but healthy curiosity… (feel free to add yours)

(also wondering … )
DT vs DN
Does the Digitak and Digitone, by the way, house the same hardware/share schematic similarities? Minus the obvious control differences (5 extra buttons on the DN) for they look fairly similar on the outside. The manual states not to open it up for modding? Anybody tried a brain transfer yet?

okay, cheers!

Here are som shots on the insides of some of the older models if it piques your interest :slight_smile:

As for the rest I have no clue! You should just mail and ask! Or swing by if you have the chance haha (if they let people in like that?)

1 Like