Process.Audio Sugar plug-in for processing Elektron gear via Overbridge

Anybody else here using process.audio’s Sugar plug-in? I just downloaded the trial version and I’m absolutely blown away. So far, I’ve just been using it to process some DN presets and it totally opens them up and the saturation ‘circuits’ can really add a lot of musical grit and ‘natural’ compression. Also threw a few 808 samples at it from my DT and my god they sounded amazing!

I don’t even want to bother using it as a mastering effect (and I’m thinking of getting an Analog Heat for that anyway, so I can use it on stage too) but, CPU allowing, for processing individual tracks it’s simply glorious.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to install this, but when my DAWs try to scan the plugin it stalls on sugar.

Did you experience this?

Hmm that’s odd. I had no problems. You did see the bit where you need to have a free iLok online account to authorise it, right? If that’s all good, can you reinstall it or reach out to p.a?

1 Like

I did that, don’t see why it would interfere with scanning it.

But I’ve reached out to PA- we’ll see

Thank you

1 Like

Hope you get it fixed. I did a quick search and they mention that it’s 64-bit only so won’t work with 32-bit DAWs. Some more information here about the set up stuff:

1 Like

For future reference, those iLok plugins need to be activated through the iLok software or it will wreck your stuff.

I’ve never dabbled with that, so I had no idea/

Hmm, never happend to me.

I think when I open a set in Live with plugins that need Ilok authorization, a text shows up, that I’d have to run the Ilok software.
I’d guess it’s the same if I’d try to drag an unauthorized plugin into Live.

Some plugins probaply just behave different, but so far never happend that the plugin scanning process got stuck or any other problems with the Ilok software.

Btw, that plugins really looks interesting. I’ve never been interested in those “magig buttons” type plugins, I’d rather work with my own effect chains and endlessly tweak stuff lol.
But I guess 2020 dsp algorithms can sound pretty damn nice…

2 Likes

No problems here either. I would recommend giving the 30 day trial a go. It’s really excellent for adding a little more harmonic content on each sound. It can be super subtle too. Plus being able to set the levels of the effect per band then adjusting the big button in middle to pull them all down just a touch is excellent for getting things sounding just right. I find it’s a massive time saver too as I’m not endlessly tweaking things in a chain :blush:

2 Likes