Problem with Polyrhythm in the MD using the MnM ARP

Greetings!
its mentioned in the next level 2011 document(Thanks a lot Veets!!huge bow!)that you can do polyrhythms in the MD using the MnM ARP(TeacherOfStalker posted the idea,Praise the Lord!)
i quote the document:

Polyrhythms in the MD using the MnM ARP (2010)
It’s possible to have polyrhythmic structures of a very versatile nature in the MachineDrum
by slaving it to the MnM and utilising the Arpeggiator. With the following, 4 tracks can be
controlled on the MD (as the MIDI channel span is limited to 4 numbers), which means that up
to 4 tracks can have individual ’timelines’
In Depth First of all, set up your machines as follows:
MnM (Master) MIDI Out > MD (Slave) MIDI In
In the MnM, create a Global Options setting with the following specifications:
Control > MIDI Channels Base Channel: 01 Channel Span: 06 Multi Trig Ch: 07 Multi Map
Ch: 08 Auto Track Ch: 09
Control > Control Out1 Sequencer: Int+Out Arp: Int+Out Keyboard: Int+Out
Control > Control Out2 Transport: OUT MIDI Clock: OUT PRG Change: OUT
In the MD, use the following as Global Settings:
Control > Base Channel > 10-13 Control> Map Editor > Set up track mappings here, e.g. T1 BD: C2, T2 SD: D2, etc. Control > PRG
Change > IN Sync > Tempo In > External Sync > Ctrl In > ON
Doing it On the MnM, in MIDI track 1, add a C2 trigger in the 1st step (this C2 depends on
your track mappings of course). You should be able to hear the MD’s T1 sound and get visual
confirmation from that track’s LED.
One very important step: Set the MIDI track’s LEN to 127 (you can change that of course
for a different effect) for the ARP to take effect on the track.
Enter ARP screen for MIDI track 1, set MODE to KEY, and the rest is up to your imagination.
Play around with SPD, make different ARP patterns etc.
One variation: Smaller LEN values (i.e., 1/8) and ARP speeds of 1x - 4x produce some really
nice and crispy rolls (and you don’t even have to double up the SCALE resolution or the tempo
yeehaw)
-TeacherOfStalker

im going to tell what i did, and could someone point out the problem in there Please!

MIDI cable MnM OUT-MD IN
on the MnM Global options Control > MIDI Channels Base Channel: 01 Channel Span: 06 Multi Trig Ch: 07 Multi Map
Ch: 08 Auto Track Ch: 09
Control > Control Out1 Sequencer: Int+Out Arp: Int+Out Keyboard: Int+Out
Control > Control Out2 Transport: OUT MIDI Clock: OUT PRG Change: OFF

on the MD
Global settings-Control-Base channel:10-13
Map editor(never used it before…i think the problem lies here)
so,Map editor,Group is on Track,and i did the same track mapping Stalker mentions
T1 BD:C2,T2 SD:D2 etc(and if at the end i click play on the MnM, the T2 SD changes from D2 to A2-F 2 on MD…weird…this shouldnt happen-or?)
than in PRG CHANGE IN is:ON
OUT:OFF and CHANNEL is BASE
than in SYNC TEMPO IN:EXT CTRL IN:ON

on MnM MIDI track 1 C2trigger on first step MIDI track 2 trigger on 1st step D2 etc…LEN is 127 on all MIDI tracks
on MIDI track 1 ARP MODE to KEY and i set the length i want
MIDI2same…
its all cool,and the LED confirms that its happening,but there is NO sound…
not even on the other tracks on the MD…its weird…
oh yeah,and on the MAP editor weird changes on track 2 i mentioned before…
could someone Please help me!
i would appreciate it a lot!
Cheers!
c.

ok…
there is sound…
forgot to turn the routing back after nosebleed,so there is sound…
but now i noticed that there is a pattern change from A13 to A6.
could someone help me here Please?
if someone helps to figure it out i will make a video of it and upload tomorrow,cause its worth sharing,its a really cool feature if you have MD+MnM(Thanks Veets and TeacherOfStalker again!)

and for what all this effort? makes no sense imo^^

well different opinions,isnt that interesting? :blush: :wink:
makes perfect sense to me,just cant get it work…and thought to create a topic for people who are using it-understand it,and other people like me,would like to learn it…i could benefit from some Polyrhythm in my patterns…maybe its nothing in your ideas-work-field…but…
you could try to be a bit more constructive here… :sunny:
peace!

i checked again…on the
-MnM Global-Control-Control OUT2: PRG CHANGE is OFF
-MD Global-Control-Prg Change(both IN and OUT): Off
was under the impression that it can happen with Elektron only with program change messages…Could someone Please tell me how come i experience pattern changes?