Problem with Overbridge and Mac OSX

Hello,

i have Problems to get Overbridge and Mac OSX running! I have a Mac Pro and Yosemite as OSX. In Ableton there is the VST Icon, i can open it up, but nothing works. No start and Stop, no Tracks and so on. I’m using Ableton 7, OSX Yosemite.
In Rytm there is a new OS and USM Mode is on Overbridge.

Thanks a lot

Can we get more informations you actually give major versions … but without numbers and without specifications of your MAC PRO (what is the core config of the processor ?) so it’s difficult to say something to help you…

Rytm only ?
Hub no Hub ?

Is Overbridge supported in Ableton Live 7? That’s 2 versions behind…

Overbridge is treated as a virtual instrument within Ableton Live. So you have the Overbridge control panel opened, you make sure that your instrument (AR/AH/A4) is showing up there and is configured correctly before you open Ableton Live.

Once you open Ableton Live, drag the VST for the instrument you own onto a blank area in the window to create a new virtual instrument track. You then would program it the same as you would any other virtual instrument, adding MIDI information/notes/etc into the individual clips in the Ableton Live track.

Yes, Mac Pro 1.1, no Hup. Motu Soundcard.

OK, thank you - hope it helps …

I had big problems with my Mac Pro and Overbridge, until I updated to MacOS Sierra.

Apple has fixed some fundamental flaws in the USB drivers.

1 Like

Hello,

everything works fine, Overbridge ist now working under Ableton 8, not 7!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! Now get to making some music!