Problem: Transfer app & SysEx file to send Patterns. Can't find them on the device

Hoping one of you may be able to help…

BACKGROUND

1. I used the Transfer app to successfully transfer some sample packs from the Elektron site (the “Bonus_Level” kits made available after registering the M:S).
  2. In this set of files was a SysEx file containing some Patterns to go with the sample kits.
  3. I used Transfer to send the SysEx file, and the app reported 100% successful transfer.
  4. I checked the two Projects I have on the device, and neither contained any additional patterns.

QUESTION
Where should I expect to see these imported patterns?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Matt

They should have been loaded into the project you had loaded at the time. ISTR the advice is, create a new project, then load the patterns (which I’m fairly sure are an export of one project).

Thanks, bibenu.

I followed your guidance, and had some success, but some odd results. The M:S displayed that pattern B2 was added to the new project, but slot B2 was empty, and A1 was populated with the new Pattern. I figured I could live with that anomaly, but then things got weird with the Transfer app and I could no longer transfer files.

I reconnected to the M:S in Transfer and was able to navigate folder structures for both the M:S and the MacBook Pro. However, whenever I tried loading more samples or sysex, the Transfer window just showed the list of submitted files with the status of “Waiting”. So nothing was going over to the M:S.

I tried adding a folder to M:S through Transfer and that worked, so I confirmed I was connected, but Transfer was still not sending files.

I’ve restarted both devices, and swapped the USB cable.

Next, I’ll search the forum for solutions on this new “Waiting” issue and will try to get my hands on another computer, but I first wanted to get back to you with my thanks for your help on the initial problem.

-Matt

It can be tricky. The trick is to start with a blank project, import the sysex and then transfer the samples. Once that’s all done, if there is no sound in the patterns that transferred over, you’ll need to manually load one of the kit folders. Just worked for me. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, Sean.

1 Like