Probably the most pointless, shallow question ever asked on this forum

You want to see shallow how about the question “what kind of car do you drive?”.

1 Like
2 Likes

The black one sounds better. So does the grey one.

11 Likes

The Black one with probably Fade to Grey anyway in sunlight.

2 Likes

I read 1/64 of the black OT’s is Overbridge compatible with a button combo. Gotta get lucky!

The grey ones are built in Sweden as well aren’t they? Or is it just all units are now from Poland?

Suppose the colour won’t matter much after I’ve finished beating myself on the head with it trying to figure it out ha

I’ve sold my black rytm to buy the octatrack as I wasn’t using the analogue side of the machine. Only got 1020 for it on eBay yesterday

rytm mk2? I would have given you 1100!

1 Like

I’ve been shafted I’m too inpatient. Never thought to come on here and ask you guys to be fair

Just wait, Elektron’s next move will be to re-issue the A4 and AR in the smaller boxes again. That’ll cause a real dilemma.

May I point to that very interesting thread:

Depending on future Elektron QC, the resale value of an OT will not just be dependent on the color of the faceplate as a matter of taste but as a signifier for a certain set of built qualities (justified or not).

:laughing:almost time to shelve a few OT’s

1 Like

If its discontinued even broken ones. The parts stripped down are lucrative business.

1 Like

I vote for another 10 years of this version! It’s forever relevant :robot:

Time will tell, it depends on which colour they make more of.

1 Like

Octatrack and parts. A never ending love/hate story.

…this is a pretty clickbaiting thread title…innit? :wink:

well…ot’s are already a classic…and they all will start to rise in resale prices, once they’re not made anymore…no worries…

all ot’s in good condition will do fine…mk1 will have a little xtra…the original black one…
so to say…
the anniversary limited edition will have that same little xtra…

1 Like

I waited for the black one. The store by my house had the grey ones for a long time.

…it won’t make any difference in builtquality, with this last black batch, which had been assembled and announced as that uberexclusive anniversary special limited edition that was put together one last time in sweden for real…
while all the rest was outsourced to poland…

but if i look at that “made in poland!?” thread, some people will make this a downer some day…
that might lead to the fairytale, those were not that good…sounded not that good…
HAHA!
…and so on…which is all bullshit of course…
but that’s what people like, sometimes…

i could bet on the existence of a thread in ten years from now, where people will have soundquality discussions if the poland batch sounds as good or as bad as the “original” ones…
it’s a sad ‘n mad world…we’re livin’ in…innit? :wink:

1 Like

Guess it will be similar to Leica Summicrons from Germany or Canada.