Probability für my Machinedrum?

Hello!

I would like to have some sort of probability on my steps.
Is there any way to make that work? I have tried to use an LFO square on the volum for the track, but it didn´t work out the way I wanted.
Machinedrum UW MK1

Woop!

M

1 Like

The trick is to use an lfo on an lfo on an lfo…

5 Likes

First put your trigs on your track… the amount of these you put down will determine the density of your hits

Square LFO on volume, set to HOLD

Another LFO, on Speed of LFO1, set to random, and also to HOLD

:sunglasses:

13 Likes

I love this forum.

4 Likes

absolutly… so much information here :slight_smile:
great devices, great people… what else does one need :slight_smile:

Thanks! I was aaaalmost there. Sweet!!!

1 Like

Probability a noob ques. But how do I put a LFO on speed? Is it possible?

manual p.32… LFOs

PARAM selects the parameter you wish the LFO to modulate. All SYNTHESIS, TRACK
EFFECTS and ROUTING parameters are accessible by the LFO. You can modulate
another LFO by targeting the track it is assigned to, and select either its SPEED, DEPTH or
SHMIX parameters with the PARAM control.

4 Likes

Jiiiiha!
Thanks!

3 Likes

Also, I know on the OT you can only use an LFO to modulate another LFO that is lower in number… eg. lfo 2 can only modulate lfo1… and lfo 3 can modulate lfos 1 & 2… I don’t know if this is the case on the MD, because I sold mine a while ago and can’t remember!

you might get some details and ideas from this thread.

5 Likes

Or check out this MD Science Lab: 2 Step:
You had to make a song with the step count not 16 or 32 but only 2 steps. And then try to find a way to make variation or “probability”.
Heres my attempt that worked pretty well if I do say so myself

3 Likes

Awesome thread, before my time here so hadn’t seen it. Lots of great efforts.

Just thinking about this topic again… and correct me if I am wrong on this, but here is another variant of this method to try out

If you have a square LFO set to VOL and on Hold, depth full…

Also have a second square LFO, but set to the DEPTH of LFO1, and also set to full depth

Then what you have are two square waves overlapping eachother

So you should be able to change the probability of a trig trigging by changing the speed of either LFO, so the square waves run over eachother at different rates… a trig will only trig when both waves are +1 at the same time, otherwise it will be silent

Yep LFOs in machinedrum is a Pandora box full of secrets!!

2 Likes

That’s the best part about the MD!

1 Like

So cool! Nicely done, brother!

2 Likes

Some days I think seriously about liquidating mine, and then usually in the same day I realize how much I would regret it. MM is the same.

I got a Zoom MS-60B pedal for MD’s kicks. Made a nice little sans amp pre + EQ + comp preset for it. Whoa. It gets it more into that round Rytm area, but still retains that knuckle-to-the-sternum knock.

4 Likes