Pro-16 from Behringer

Yep, agreed. Point being, this isn’t really going to eat into the Prophet-5/10 market, but Sequential might see Rev2 sales drop when this comes along at a slightly lower price. Different price points will target different types of users. Someone dreaming of a P-5/10 (but never being able to afford one) might now decide between Rev2 and this.

1 Like

possibly. I was more so saying Sequential is well-positioned by having the Rev2 available, with so much more in it, for just a bit more cash. and then they have the Prophet 5/10 for those that really want the real deal.

this would be awesome for those that want the Prophet sound live but don’t want to gig with their precious beautiful Prophet 5/10.

3 Likes

On the other hand, I think there would be a market for people who want those bread-and-butter Prophet sounds without all the distracting bells and whistles. I appreciate the extras on my “modern” synths (Pro 3, Summit, etc.) but sometimes I just wanna focus on dialing in some basic, classic sounds. No way am I going to spend $3500 plus just for that (although if I had money to burn I might do so just to support Sequential and have a “genuine” P5/10 in my collection), but I’d be tempted at ~$1000.

1 Like

Seems a good alternative to the DSI REV 2 if you cant stand that Curtis “synth on a chip” sound found in a lot of their more affordable synths (i do) and you are looking for a poly under 3000$.

I dont think the B compete with the DSI Prophet 5/10. The DSI REV 2, well… if you dont mind the extra (sequencer modulations etc ) SURE.

They said:

We’re hoping to share some sounds with you in the near future.

So soon enough we can take a stab at that question on the Pro-16 sound for ourselves.

These are my thoughts

I have a rev2, it’s a great synth. I played my friend’s prophet 6 recently and I pointed out to him it just sounds good right away. I barely did any sound design and was happy with it. I imagine the prophet 5 and 10 have a similar quality, but I would not throw down the cash for them.

I don’t plan to buy this Brophet, but it is tempting.

If it has 4-multitimbrality, I’d pay a non-clone price for it, but less than 4 and I’m relegated to the hate thread.

2 Likes

no info about a desktop module though?

Cheerios :crazy_face:

1 Like