Printing manuals in the uk

Almost sounds like A Debbie Harry track

Anyway I have a few pdf manuals I’d like printed (preferably binder as well).

Is anyone aware of an online service that could do this and then post it out?

Or a store that does this? I suspect a staples type store would.

Cheers

:laughing:At the Debbie Harry comment

1 Like

Amd now it’s stuck in your head as well!

Haha yes it is, I got my Mrs to print up the A4 manual at work btw

I realise this doesn’t help in any way apologies old chap

1 Like

Mate I did exactly the same for the A4 manual!

Now its a case of not pushing her luck.

There’s a couple of online places that you can upload a pdf to and they will do it and it’s dead easy, however they charge a small fortune. Something like 70 notes was the cheapest I could find.

I’m OK with using my phone I guess, but it’s much easier to have a manual open and it doesn’t lend itself to distraction, like the phone invariably does.

A copy shop would do this. Maybe they’re an endangered species these days but I’m thinking of places like Prontaprint or Service Point (not sure if the latter is a London thing). Don’t know where you are but areas of cities where you have large companies or especially legal firms will usually have a bunch of these places clustered together.

They are probably better/cheaper than online services as the online places will be running them on large all-in-one machines that are designed to print proper books on, whereas copy shops will have black & white laser printers that cost less to run small jobs on. And will obviously do spiral binding and so on.

I’ve not done anything like that for a while though so I don’t know how much it costs these days.

Cheers. Yeah I kinda thought one of those places would be the answer. I live in the sticks, next a sticks town, so was hoping for an easy (read lazy) solution!

Thanks man.

I’m affiliated with an awesome Print Shop that employs local people who suffer learning disabilities and other barriers to employment. I’d be happy to help out as would the shop! I emailed Elektron to ask if I could sell them at cost price but they said that was a no-go.

I’ll DM you and you can shoot me your details and I’ll post whatever you’re after down to you, bound and everything. If anyone else in the UK is after any stuff give me a toot.

3 Likes