Previous LFO staying on Flex track

Hey guys, sorry for volume of questions, just really want to pick your knowledgeable brains!

When I load an LFO on a flex track, if I change the machine it seems to retain the previous tracks LFO settings. How do I completely reset a track and its settings?

Cheers

Nick

You can reset pages with [page button] + [clear] or copy/paste a clean track…
Scenes settings are still there.

That’s not what I’m talking about mate. Even when I clear the page the previous settings are still audible. Its something to do with the LFO auto change parameter in the menu

Not sure, I can’t try right now, but maybe you need to change Parts for this (I don’t think so, in fact). You have to check this too. A simple Trigless Trig is maybe the solution.

LFO AUTO CHANGE will when checked make all LFOs automatically restart with any new LFO settings activated when changing to a pattern containing another part. If unchecked, the settings of the LFOs of the previous pattern/part will not be changed until trigs occur on the tracks of the new pattern. Activate and deactivate this setting by pressing [ENTER/YES].

Do you have some parameters assigned to a scene? This seems to override everything else. Try switching to a clear scene maybe? This often catches me out

I’m using pickup machines so trigs aren’t possible

No mate I don’t think so. Will check though thanks

By editing the Machine of your Part you’re only changing one aspect of it, the other settings are still part of that Part, to reset the assignments you can do as suggested above and clear the pages or work with Part switching or work scene assignments in your favour to prevent the LFO depth affecting the machine switch … you could also have a Part saved, change its state, then reload it

maybe search the forum for solutions, I’m sure this will have been discussed

Mate I know what you’re saying, I’m not new to Octatrack workflow. That’s what I’m saying, clearing LFO page doesn’t do anything, the results from a previous machine are still audible even with depth on 0. Its something to do with the LFO auto change setting in project > sequencer control. I’ve seen it mentioned before but can’t find the solution. A certain setting retains previous machines LFO state

It’d be helpful to describe the minimum steps to replicate this, then we can probably be more constructive with fbk …

The subtlety may be down to the PUM not using Trigs … best just spell out the minimum required steps like you’d send in as a bug report

The Auto Change seems linked to Part switching, so I am not sure that’s the source

e.g. if you reassign a Static to a Flex and clear LFOpage it will work, without switching parts

1 Like

Is there a trig to activate the new Lfo settings ?
Otherwise, it may not change.

Edit, just tried :
Patt 1, part 1, Flex, Lfo setting 1
Patt 2, part 2, Static, Lfo setting 2
Lfo settings are refreshed as soon as there’s a playback trig.
Surprisingly, change is immediate if I switch parts.

I checked Lfo Auto Change, and the Lfo setting is changed as soon as the patt 2 is loaded.

Did you plocked something ?

He’s using a pickup so no trigs, and he’s not switching part but just switching machine in the same part…
I can’t get to my OT to help figure this out, but I think you can try switching back to flex and deactivating lfo, then switching back to pickup, or in general just make sure to deactivated before changing machine in the first place. There’s probably a better solution though… I think the old lfo is left running as the sequencer has seen nothing to stop it. Not sure why the depth wouldn’t work unless it’s somehow tied to the previous flex?
I think we need to trig in the new settings somehow in a pickup track, maybe function+trig for a manual trigless trig?

The easiest is to change part in that case, no ?

Yes probably but that uses up a part! Still might be weird because it’s a pickup, might need to change pattern/part… Need to investigate…

I am investigating. :wink:
I tested to switch from PUM to Flex, applying an Lfo, no particular problem.

@lescour1 The Lfo is recorded. Is that the “problem”?

I can modify the Flex Lfo normally.

thanks for the replies guys. @sezare56 it definitely is a problem, I’m not stupid. I know my way around OT pretty fluently. Maybe its a bug in my particular unit, but I’ve seen others mention it in the past on the FB group. I just cant find the thread.

@Open_Mike thanks for your constructive reply mate. I will persist and try some more tests and report back.

Thanks all.

1 Like

I don’t know how much you are clever ! :slight_smile:
If you post your project file or detail your settings maybe we’ll find out, or find another limit of Octatrack…

Did you give it up ?
A4 is arrived…:wink: