Preview "Sounds" without loading them?

I’m asking about “Sounds” - NOT samples.

When I load a “Sound” to my project from the “Sound Browser” - it loads the associated sample for that Sound into the sample pool. But if I end up not wanting to use that sound, and load a few more sounds from the sound browser into that same pad and keep previewing Sounds, it keeps ALL the samples in the sample pool, which then fills up very quickly, even though I am no longer using those samples that were associated with the Sounds i’m not using.

Is there a way to actually PLAY a “Sound” from the “Sound Browser” without LOADING the actual sound and sample? I don’t mean the tiny preview of “pressing function and yes” to hear only one note, I mean PLAY the sound without loading it so you can actually hear it - like on DIGITONE, if you have the Global midi channel set to 10, you can PREVIEW/PLAY the sounds in the sound browser without loading them first. This does not work on the Digitakt… ??

So i’m forced to fully load the sound to PLAY it to see if I really want to use it or not, and if don’t - the SAMPLE that it loaded is still sitting in the sample pool when I load the next sound to the same pad.

A way to “Purge” all samples that are not currently being used in the project would also work, but I don’t think we have that option either?

Anyone else having an issue with this?

I’m pretty sure FUNC + Yes is the only way, I’ve just tried different combinations to see if it was possible to play it in Chromatic Mode or something but I didn’t find anything :confused:

It’s also impossible to “purge” the project from unused samples unfortunately, but that would be a nice addition in future updates!

At least, to preview the sound [FUNC+Yes], they could automatically loop very short samples.

The answer is no, you can’t preview a sound chromatically, only preview it with FUNC + Yes, nor can you purge unwanted samples, you’ll need to select and unload manually. It is what it is.

Lol, just realised this post is from over a year ago! :clock1: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: