Solved - Preview Problem File Manager

Hello, i just arrived in this Forum.

Sry for my bad Englisch first, but may somebody can help me with my Octatrack.
My Problem is, if i want to preview from the File Manager (with Func+Yes), the audio only plays thru the cue Output, but i want to hear it from the Main Outputs. I hope someone have a Idea to solve it.

Thanks

Welcome!
So you have sound going to Main outputs in normal operation but going to CUE outputs only when you are previewing with the File manager?
Do you need to use File manager for that?
Aren’t your tracks in Solo mode within the mixer page (they are lit in green after pressing CUE+Trig keys IIRC)?
How does your Personalize menu options look like?

This might explain you why (you can use the search function to check if someone encountered a similar issuebefore posting): Small OS tweaks - #87 by Clancy

I was reminded of this last night. If you want to hear the preview from the Main outs, you have to preview from a track (double tap a track button), not from the AED>load new sample.

Hope this helps

Yes, right Pingin, everything go to the Main Outputs, sadly only the preview in the File Manager go to cue out.
(Psyre i dont mean from the load sample Page, i mean the file Manager in the menu. Its too much work to load so many files in flex just to hear them and delete after that in the File Manager, but thank you for trying to help)
I have my octatrack for 2 years, first time i use the File manager. In the meantime, have hundrets of Samples in my octatrack which i dont need (shitty stuff etc), so i want to hear and delete much of them. (So yeah i thing i need the File Manager for that)
I have no track in solo Mode, i hear all of them.
I unfortunately cant find any matching point for this Problem in the personalize menu, (my only checked setting in this menu is cue Mutes track) what do you thing which Point is important for me?
(Thanks for the Link, i think the guy had the same problem, but he dont know how he solve it, he write my Aliens are the Problem, so no help for me)

Thanks for helping

I don’t understand what you mean here. You don’t need to load the files i to the Flex slots to preview them. You can preview file after file before loading the file.

Working on the computer is definitely more practical for that. You might want to be more careful about selecting BEFORE transfering onto the CF card. The OT has obvious flaws about organizing the files on the device itself.

This is correct, but he’s trying to delete them, so that is his reasoning for doing from the manager.

@Octav- to avoid the Cue out, make sure that you don’t have any tracks cued, muted or any of the boxes in Personal Settings checked before you do any File Management .

I was able to duplicate your experience by using various Cue and Mute states, and you have to select another track, then go back into the Manager again to function normally.

To test, run a cable from Left Main Out and Right Cue into a mixer and then just mute or cue a track before going into the File Manager. Depending on the state of the track and the Personal Settings, when you preview a sound it will only play L or R channel.

Yeah, okay sorry wrongly expressed. I mean what psyre Said. Not load them in, preview from track.
But thats also too complicated to switch everytime from flex to File Manager if want to delite Something. There must be a way to preview from File Manager to the Main out, as is stands in the Manual. I cant Imagine that you can only preview to cue.

I dont like to work on the Computer, my Computer is very slow and them i have to open every single file in audacity to hear it. That would take much more time as i just could hear it in the octatrack. There is no before transfering to octatrack, they were sampled with the octatrack.

@kpucski

• no Tracks are Cued or Muted
  • you mean cue Mutes track is a Problem and schould be unchecked?

-sorry dont really understand what u mean:

I was able to duplicate your experience by using various Cue and Mute states, and you have to select another track, then go back into the Manager again to function normally.
To test, run a cable from Left Main Out and Right Cue into a mixer and then just mute or cue a track before going into the File Manager. Depending on the state of the track and the Personal Settings, when you preview a sound it will only play L or R channel.

But my Main L+R and my cue Outputs L+R are both plugged into my Mixer(cue over external effect Units). I have tried the File Manager with every 7 Tracks, Track8 is set as main. And i tried it with cue, with mute and without. Everytime the same, preview just over cue.

May i am missing something in the settings. In Personal settings the only checked Point is cue Mutes track. What else habe to bei checked? What are your settings there when preview from File Manager to Main out run?

Many thanks for the help

Cue mutes track could be the problem. Try unchecking it and switching to a different track, for instance track 1 to track 2 on the main page (not in settings), then open the manager again and see if the preview plays from the main outputs.

Yes it is working! I opened a new empty Projekt and set cue Mutes track off. Don’t know what was the Problem, strangely now it works also with cue Mutes Track…

Thanks to you all for the help!

1 Like