Pre - Slicing live audio

Brilliant!

1 Like

Pre - Slices works with 1.31. Save samples.
Slices are messed up if you record shorter, and you have to keep the same tempo.

Start mode main advantage : not dependant on tempo.

Slice mode main advantage : you can loop each slice. In start mode the whole sample is looped. For both you can use LEN=TIME to make shorter loops.

Other Slice mode advantage : you can use lfo on slice more easily (doable with start / lfo designer).

4 Likes

Loop each sliceā€¦ Iā€™ll have to try this.

When you say ā€œsave samplesā€ for pre slice to work do you mean to already have an existing sample assigned to a slot?

AFAIK you canā€™t make slices with an empty buffer. You have to record once to match length / tempo, then save and assign to self if you want to keep a sample in the slot after power cycle. If you save Sample Settings it is safer to keep slices, or load it elsewhere.

Donā€™t remember but you mean with 1.25E it is possible to keep slices without saving the rec buffer? Or after saving an silent sample, you make slices, and they are kept with the recording slot (which might be 1.31 behavior too).

1 Like

I made a quick test. Slices are kept after power cycle even if you donā€™t save the recording. OS 1.31.
If your recording is shorter or stopped too early, you loose the slices. Thatā€™s why I think it is safer to save a sample with slices to recall them.

3 Likes

Ok, but we are not talking about empty buffer anymore right?

Going back to an earlier post about the advantage of slice vs strt parameter, I cannot work out how to set loop for individual slices. How is this done?

Edit: All good, worked out that p-locking any slice trig to RTRG = INF gives you the endless loop of that slice.

Edit2: er, actually, thatā€™s not possible from the Slices trig mode grid, only once sequenced, which is a bit of a nuisanceā€¦

We are!
After a power cycle the buffer is empty, unless you save and assign to self the recording you used to make slices.

Dead easy : Loop on (Playback setup). :wink:

I see what you mean now. The buffers clear after power but the slices remain - clever and great, Iā€™ll try this.

The Loop ON setting affects all the slices, I misunderstood and thought it was possible to make a single slice set to loop while other slices do not. No worrries though, as the retrig function can achieve these same results. Thank you

1 Like

Yeah all slices are looped. A workaround would be to set slice loop point at the end of the slice in a silent area. Not practical!

No PIPO loop with retrigs.
Apparently you already read a topic where I talk about using 2 slots. In that case : one looped, the other one with loop off.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s right, I did. Great ideas, you are helping me improve this thing immensely.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: Iā€™m trying this out after a few weeks away from the OT, but (with no slices assigned) in SLICE trig mode, the PAGE button doesnā€™t let me go to slices beyond 1-16 (e.g. 17-32, etc.). How do I get there and access the entire 64-grid of STRT slices?

The page button worked for me.

1 Like

Indeed, after a power cycle itā€™s back doing what it should. Thanks for your confirmation.

1 Like