Pre-sliced recorder buffer issue 1.25H

And where we can get this older 1.25E OS ?
Any link ?

Contact support and theyā€™ll get it to you, or try the link in this thread:

2 Likes

Pre-sliced recorder buffer issue 1.25H

please fix this!
this issue is more than a year oldā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

Clearly they know about it, so it would perhaps be of no benefit to report, but itā€™s still probably more beneficial than posting here ā€¦ perhaps support could give an indication on when an update may be forthcoming ā€¦ clearly there are a few more distractions for Elektron these days and bug fix roll outs donā€™t seem to be as frequent as weā€™d all like

ps - creating threads pointing to threads isnā€™t recommended ā€¦ itā€™s not a given Elektron would see it anyway, but in this case itā€™s clearly a known issue and I am sure itā€™ll be fixed in the next os

2 Likes

thanks!

Why donā€™t you downgrade to 1.25E ?

is there a 1.25E? canā€™t find it on the support pageā€¦

Just above your first post here ! :grin:

1 Like

Hi. I was thinking about pre-sliced buffers. I canā€™t test the issue because Iā€™m on 1.25E. Wondering if it would be really useful for me, and go for TRC without any regret.
Apparently it doesnā€™t work properly if you change tempo.

As @Clancy mentioned, you can assign a saved silence sample. Itā€™s not a big deal. You use start points now ? Whatā€™s really interesting with pre-sliced buffers. Tell us more ! :content:

1 Like

Is there a big advantage to using pre-sliced buffers over shortly spaced recorder trigs?

Just wondering as Iā€™ve never used them :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll write something up about sliced recorder buffers and also start points when I have more time, unless someone beats me to itā€¦ :ghost:

2 Likes

Anyway your point of view will be interesting.:wink:
I was almost ready to answer 1 hour ago, but I made other tests before. And now Iā€™m not sure anymore. Short records or plocked start/slice points ?

Some thoughtsā€¦

It can sound the same, with trigs corresponding to rec trigs for short recs, or slices with correct linear locks (or lfo on start). Played real-time, some limits like pitch up or rate reverse seems to be in common.

But you can also use slices for short recs, play with Length and go up to 1 octave up depending on Length, and slice duration.
Many things to explore. Realtime pitch shift, lfos on pitchā€¦Realtime granular stuff ?

For tests you can rec track 1 with track 2 (rec trigs > SRC3=T1). - 1 microtiming for rec trigs.
If you record inputs, normally no need for microtiming, maybe timestretch off.
(Settings for realtime playing)

1 Like

Hmm, thanks for the info! i should just try it and see! Iā€™ve gotten into the habit of using lots of rec trigs on flex tracks for glitchy fun with the inputs. I know you mention some uses but most of these are things that I already do with flex tracks. The OT cannot predict what will be recorded so before slice 16 can be played, it must be recorded, so doesnā€™t that make it the equivalent of 16 rec trigs? Although I guess you can have much smaller chunks of audio with slices, and also you get multiple chunks of audio. Rec trigs just give you one piece of audio that is constantly overwritten

Iā€™ll have to check it out properly tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this bug still not fixed?
Iā€™m on the latest OS and it seems to be still there

Stil on 1.25H here, so your telling meā€¦ :slight_smile:
Itā€™s weird, it wonā€™t even revert to start points if slic is on as if there were no slices, it leaves one zero length ā€œghost sliceā€ that ruins itā€¦ Is that still there?

Anyway start points work great for even length slices for buffers and work better after changing tempo then re recording. But slices should stick, they did on 1.25E and beforeā€¦