Pre purchase digitakt question

Hey all,

I’ve been looking at the digitakt/digitone combo and need a bit of advice before I take the plunge.

Ideally I want to transition away from using my daw and just record audio tracks into the daw and edit/master them in the daw. Am I right in saying I can achieve that through overbridge? and if so does overbridge allow me to record the inputs of the digitakt/digitone into my daw? - I would be using some external synths with both so it would be great.

Then I have the most noob question of all, does the sequencer on both units need to be played chromatically? - I couldn’t hit the right key if I tried and find life a lot easier if I create a pattern and adjust each note accordingly.

Yes
You can record 8 individual mono sample tracks, the stereo fx and a stereo input from another sound source on the DT…

And 4 individual FM synth tracks as well as the master FX and 2 mono or one stereo source from the DN…

All using OB…

Musicality however…that’s your responsibility…just study the circle of 5ths and learn at least one scale…

With the Digitone you can turn on scales mode. With this enabled, you can only hit notes that are in the proper key.

2 Likes

Aaaaand, just to add. On the digitakt (and the DN) you could also program your pattern rhythmically (ie choose the steps where the sample should sound) and then you can adjust each hit by pitch, so that you can go note by note.

Not exactly diatonic, but if your ears are decent, this would circumvent the need to “play” your melodies.

That’s great, don’t get me wrong, I know some scales but for me I need a helping hand. Especially when it comes to trying to input it into a hardware sequencer, with a daw and piano roll I’ve been living an easy life.

Infact, another thing I thought of is how would you go about connecting these to a dfam?

I don’t own one as of yet but I am looking to get one, would i be right in saying something like cv.ocd?

Does that apply also to DT?
Wondering…

Nope

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply :slightly_smiling_face:
I suppose I will have to get an OT then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can never go wrong with an OT brother :slight_smile:

1 Like