Possible track settings problem Octatrack mk2

Hi guys! Hopefully someone can help or at least has faced this situation before.

As I was working on one of my songs I noticed that one of my tracks ( in this specific case, Track 1 ) plays the sample at a lower pitch.

Here is the analysis:

1. It’s a lower pitch when triggering it manually pressing trig button [9].

2. It’s a lower pitch when track is triggered in a pattern.

3. The sample lives on a Flex machine.

4. The sample is NOT pitched lower when I preview it from track 1 ( [func] [yes] )

5. The sample is NOT pitched lower when I change Track 1 to a Static machine.

6. This is true for EVERY sample I put into a flex machine in Track 1.

7. Have tried clearing slot and retrieving sample again. Have tried putting the same sample in another slot and having Track 1 retrieve the sample from the new slot. Did NOT work.

So I think there is a track setting ( or track + flex machine setting ) that is always living on track 1 that I can’t get rid of. Perhaps there is a pitch setting that is hiding somewhere on Track 1 that I am missing?

Thanks for any ideas!

Probably scenes with PITCH or RATE plocks (for testing you can mute Scenes with FN+SCENE A or B). You can hold a scene to check what is plocked (green highlight of concerned pages, and inverted parameters).

I don’t think it’s RATE, it should revert to default with a STATIC. You can check.

I don’t think it’s constant lfo because it also affects preview. That’s something to check too.

1 Like

Thank you Sezare56!

I’m going to check that out.
This is my 2nd week with the OT and I haven’t done any scenes or parts yet but perhaps I have jimmyrigged something there by mistake.

I will let u know if I find something in that compartment. Thanks again!

1 Like