Possible to transition seamlessly between tracks if using OT like a stem mixer?

I have several tracks broken up into 3-7 stems each. Usually i have a one hit trigger on each track and while the stems are playing I’m messing with the internal FX and cue volume being sent to external FX unit. Between each track there’s a 7-10 second gap for loading a new project and starting it. I’m wondering if it’s possible to do this seamlessly DJ style?

You can use scenes to mix tracks with the crossfader. Hold Scene A button and go to amp page, on the bottom right “XVOL” appears, turn the encoder to assign “Min” to Scene A and “Max” to Scene B.
Now you can use the crossfader to control amp volume on that track.

You can assign any tracks to XVOL Min and Max this way, “Min” turns down amp volume to -64 and “Max” turns up amp volume to the value you have dialed in on that track.

You can also use “XLV” which appears on the track level parameter when you hold a scene button.
Amp volume is pre fx and track level is post fx.

You could even treat the two sides of the OT (Tracks 1-4 and tracks 5-8) as two decks. :slight_smile:

Also check out the “Transition Trick”

1 Like

Skip that idea and just use one Project; and treat each Bank as a separate song.

1 Like

Yep. I’m afraid that’s what I’m gonna have to do. Thanks!

Nothing to be afraid of, it’s the smart / practical thing to do.

If you’re using stems, you have a perfect excuse to look into Biologik’s transition trick

3 Likes