Possible causes of a small glitch/click noise when changing patterns?

I’m using multimap to change patterns via arpeggiator/sequencer (fantastic feature btw!). I’m sometimes getting a small glitch/high pitched click sounds when the patterns change. It only occurs with some patterns. Any tips on what might be causing this so I can edit the patterns to stop/minimise this occurring?

I often use it to change from a silent pattern to one containing sounds etc. and the glitch still occurs then. I’ve reduced all volumes/FX on the silent pattern.

1 Like

I’d bet on filter type changes, which can be more noticeable. You can have clicks because of envelope settings, overdrive…

(Btw filter type can be modulated fast and randomly to make weird noise (I struggled on a patch who had this)

1 Like

Thanks that’s helpful.

When I was trying to track the down which track/sound might be glitching by muting them I only seem to get the clicks when multiple channels were unmuted. No single track was glitching on its own.

I reduced volumes on the pattern that makes the glitch but still no luck.

2 Likes

Clicks can occur when an Osc Level is modulated (lfo, env, etc), might be relevant here…? Reported the issue a while back, recently confirmed by support. Orig post here:

5 Likes

Thanks, that could well be it as I turn down the OSC levels on my ‘silent’ pattern/kit which I’m switching to/from. I’ll start there and see if that improves it.