Portable Setup for Syntakt Recommendation

Hey all

Trying to go to a festival here in a couple weeks and want to take the Syntakt with me. I have an XT20000 power bank from back when I had a DN; but still need to test its feasibility with the powerbank. Also need a speaker that can bang hard and still retain some energy out camping.

I know you can’t get stereo with one portable speaker; so it’s gotta sound good since stuck in mono. Also probably needs Aux In (which most modern speakers no longer have) - unless …unless the Syntakt can be plugged via USB audio to a portable speaker, which I assumed wouldn’t be plausible.

Tips, tricks, what are you doing similarly?

The JBL xTreme 2 goes nice and loud, has an aux in, and does stereo sound. Battery lasts at least half a day.

2 Likes

…really wanna take ur brandnew syntakt with u to an outdoor festival to make music between parked cars and tents somewhere…!?

hmmmm…
.well, at least keep in mind, the st get’s hotter than the other digis and needs 2A to power up…

2 Likes

All good homie. Used take my Deluge all the time and always take really great care: have a table and canopy etc.

But yeah I love jamming outside. It may get warm I’ll bring a stand

Good looking out

Hi,
did you find a solution to power the ST already?
The myvolts-ripcord for the DT only delivers 1A, so I’m unsure what to use instead for the ST :confused:

Yes, check this topic Syntakt USB Ripcord - #67 by taiman

MINIRIGS are worth a look

3 Likes

So I have been running Syntakt on a jam I made (not a great one but it’s got loads of crap going on at once, BPM 120) since 8:07 AM, powered by my XT 20000 and the cord/adapter set it comes with, out of the DC out to the Syntakt directly.

It is now 10:57 AM and it’s at roughly 46% and still going strong. Wattage is ranging right now between 11.7 - 13.4 W even at under half used, not bad.

With that said, I imagine a 3 hour jam outdoors isn’t impossible.

For almost $400? That’s ridiculous! Haha.

Okay.

While I agree it can be hard to justify bunches of bills to a portable speaker, you kind of get what you pay for.

The JBL Extreme 3 / Charge 5 and 6 - these are pretty decent and priced near $300. Step down from here to JBL Extreme 2 and some other brands but you will see a lot of 1 and 2 reviews as you progress down the scale of pricing. Just a thought. Hard to find a decent portable speaker for less than $200 but happy if someone proves me wrong lol

1 Like

I would second the suggestion of the minirig.
I have the minirig 3 and it is well worth the money. It is plenty loud, battery literally lasts days and it not only have an 3.5mm in port but it has two that can be used to either as audio in or two daisy chain multiple minirigs together.

I guess if you need stereo output and have $400 you could get two, but you would probably be fine just getting the one and upgrading later.

If you are planning on really getting rugged, it might not do the best in the elements. It’s likely far from water resistant

1 Like

Maybe have a look at below link, dutch brand with excellent speakers.

1 Like

beware, most portable bluetooth speakers have latency of around ±80ms
its not bad but may take some getting used to if you want to perform with them
yes, while using aux too.

(or at least the cheap ones, which i tried)

I got the Anker Soundcore Motion+ the other week and there’s no latency when plugged in via AUX. For $100, it sounds fantastic. I have a rather big back yard and I can blast it from the deck all the way to the back while I’m doing yard work if I want. I take it with me when I travel with gear to be able to play wherever I want.

2 Likes

Huh, thats good to know. I heard that model was pretty great but havent tried it myself. I dont know if it will pull OPs festival need though.

Def. not for a festival, no, but if you wanna do a quick backyard jam, it’s great.

1 Like

I have an IK Multimedia iLoud. Great speaker.

1 Like