Portable Battery to Power Elektron

All this love for everything but the MnM! Why can’t we get a good selection of these devices with the 6v needed for the MnM? Ugh.

This works great with the Octatrack and Analog Rytm.

Poweradd Pilot Pro2 23000mAh Multi-Voltage

Now I need to find one that works with my Machinedrum and MNM.

not too sure if my Analog Keys is portable tho…

Fuk me I just realised I am a Fan Boy and I have every single machine they have made apart from the SidStation…

I think OT only drinks 6V.
Only the Analog series is fond of 12V…

Octatrack is 9V 3A. RYTM is 12V 2A. MNM is 6VAC. MDMK2 is 9V 3A… that means my power bank will run the MDMK2 aswell! :slight_smile:

Nope. Octatrack/MD/MnM is all 6V 3A. Analog Series is 12V ~2A (except AKeys).

Yep.

2 Likes

It’s fricking stupid that they didn’t make all their devices the same. Maybe there was a good reason for it, but it’s really screwing this whole portable battery situation up. Maybe Elektron should make their own portable battery for their gear.

It’s more inconvenient than stupid, I’d say.
Now and Elektron portable solution would be really great !! This is a pretty good idea : you may submit it directly to Elektron support and see what they say about it !!
Best thing would be to be able to power up at least 2 Elektron machines with the same device…

Elektron OverBattery?

1 Like

Elektron OverCharge.

Terrible joke. Sorry!

6 Likes

Elektron OverCharge.

Terrible joke. Sorry![/quote]

Nice! It was funny. Better than my poor attempt for sure.

Has anyone tested
http://www.powerstream.com/PST-MP3500.htm
on the analog series (12V 2A) and the others (6V 3A)?

It seems like this one can cover both kinds, right?

I’m interested in it, but for $160, it’s a bit steep.

Quite expensive but maybe this could be the master of our outside JAMS :

About the power supply differences, you could view the new 12V 2A power supplies as a step in the right direction. There were horror stories about people being on tour with their Elektrons and then losing a power supply. Good luck finding a 6V 3A power supply in the middle of Indiana or something. This is a very unusual power supply whereas 12V 2A is much more common.

1 Like

I have also been looking for options for quite a while, Ideally I want a solution that would have at least two outs with different voltages so I could bring out both virus (12v) and octa.

I have been looking at the guitar pedal supplys, some of them switch to some different or even adjustable voltages, but with low wattratings (guess 450ma would be on the shy side for OT?)

Would http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-DC-Converter-12V-Step-Down-To-6V-18W-Max-3A-Power-Supply-Waterproof/251982940432?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36470%26meid%3Ddd9a8f8034f74fda8a6577865ea8be5e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D130981183428 be resonably to put together with a 12v regulated battery?

I’ve just seen there’s a MP3450 on amazon.fr

Does anyone understand the difference between MP3450 and MP3450i ??

Anyone used one of these? It has me curious but they are pricey!

Hi, anyone here to tell me if it will be ok to power my rytm?

Just to be sure i will not burn my Elektron…

Thanks

1 Like

Hello OverUnity,

Thanks for suggesting. What are the exact power requirements for the Elektron Gear?

I am pretty certain LifePower would be a classy and qualitative plug & play solution to power your stuff anywhere. It comes at a cost, but I’ll ask for a promo voucher for the people here at Elektronauts.com

Hi Andrew,

I’m sure there would be some interested guys here.

Analog Four : 14 W typical, 24 W maximum; Recommended power supply: 12 V DC, >2 A.

Monomachine MK2 : Output: 5.7-6.3 VDC, 3.5A maximum

Ockatrack : 8 W typical, 18 W maximum.Recommended power supply: 6 V DC, 3 A

1 Like