Portable Battery to Power Elektron

That doesn’t supply enough amps to drive the A4 or RYTM, it’s 2amps at 12 volts and both devices need 2.5amps. The OXA battery I posted is the only one I found after looking extensively that does 2.5amps at 12volts. I couldn’t even find the specs on that for the Tekkeon.

That doesn’t supply enough amps to drive the A4 or RYTM, it’s 2amps at 12 volts and both devices need 2.5amps. The OXA battery I posted is the only one I found after looking extensively that does 2.5amps at 12volts. I couldn’t even find the specs on that for the Tekkeon.[/quote]
the AR manual says 12VDC 2A (that’s on the back of the machine as well) so you should be ok with that…

edit: checked the A4 manual just now and it says 12VDC 2A as well

That doesn’t supply enough amps to drive the A4 or RYTM, it’s 2amps at 12 volts and both devices need 2.5amps. The OXA battery I posted is the only one I found after looking extensively that does 2.5amps at 12volts. I couldn’t even find the specs on that for the Tekkeon.[/quote]
the AR manual says 12VDC 2A (that’s on the back of the machine as well) so you should be ok with that…

edit: checked the A4 manual just now and it says 12VDC 2A as well[/quote]
Aha, it does say 12volt 2amps on the input to the A4. I was looking at the Elektron power supply which is 2.5amps and since 2.5 amps is probably a maximum amperage the device will only draw whatever it needs. I wonder if it ever draws anything above 2… Oh well I already ordeded the OXA, it’s 30000mah so it should last longer anyways and is cheaper, in the states at least. Hope you find a good deal for something that works in Thailand.

1 Like

So…

Anyone find a different compact portable battery than the Tekkeon MP3450i that works with OT?

I can’t seem to find one and wondering if there is a different solution.

This is kind of a random thought but if you know somebody who is slightly decent with electronics, it could be pretty easy to chain up some smaller/more common batteries to get the kind of output required.

E.g., this:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090126172503AAIw9X2

Update: So I had a look around and it seems 2 cheapo 6V lantern batteries wired up would give 12V and > 2.5 A. Maybe Neil Baldwin will chime in on this.

yep, you should be ok. as mentioned on the link you posted, you can put batteries in series to get a specific voltage but then you’ll need to make sure you’ve got your 2A available (which seems like you have)

http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-10000mAh-Recorders-Sensation-Connectors/dp/B00935L44E

Would this work?
Seems pretty robust…

The Tekkeon is great for the Octo and other DC hungry devices

A word of warning for the Tekkeon 3450i users…

[ul]
[li]DO NOT charge your mobile phone from the USB port WHILST the BATTERY IS RECHARGING[/li]
[li] (I know it’s a stupid thing to even attempt - I did it) 3450i went Kaputski…[/li]
[/ul]

Is there a big interest here in Europe for batteries still?

I have a friend who runs a battery shop and i think he would be able to find something.

Let me know if i should investigate :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure, why not
there’s interest here for sure :slight_smile:

What about these:

I’ve started a train commute so there is potentially an hour of OT/Rytm jamming time before and after work!

Anyone found a decent replacement/alterntive to the Tekkeon mp3450i’s?
I really like to take my octatrack outside this summer :slight_smile:

but it only has 5V/9V/12V/16V/19V/20V
i would not attempt to run an ot from this one…

I have this and use it for my A4, iPad 2, KMI QuNexus and midi Pal, and a Zoom H6…powers them all at same time, with long battery life. I do not own an Octatrack and yes, it has an in-between voltage, but it does have tech within that will adjust immediately to not give too much or too little, and it’s recommended to use the next higher voltage if that is the case. It’s also about same size as the iPhone 6 Plus, but twice weight, but great to go out to the river and jam in nature, and never have to worry about being plugged in. Probably about 4 hours of power for A4 and other things plugged in at same time…impressive. Built solid as well. Gives you all the cables and tips…a lot of them, and an A/C charger and a felt case…impressive packaging for $99. usd.

1 Like

looks good but i would not assume 9v is ok for the OT without word from elektron!

I have this and use it for my A4, iPad 2, KMI QuNexus and midi Pal, and a Zoom H6…powers them all at same time, with long battery life. I do not own an Octatrack and yes, it has an in-between voltage, but it does have tech within that will adjust immediately to not give too much or too little, and it’s recommended to use the next higher voltage if that is the case. It’s also about same size as the iPhone 6 Plus, but twice weight, but great to go out to the river and jam in nature, and never have to worry about being plugged in. Probably about 4 hours of power for A4 and other things plugged in at same time…impressive. Built solid as well. Gives you all the cables and tips…a lot of them, and an A/C charger and a felt case…impressive packaging for $99. usd.[/quote]
So just to confirm. there are no risks to damage of an A4 or RYTM using this? Anything power wise freaks me out after reading stories of people bricking their unit using the wrong power adapter.

I’m still using my Tekkeon 3450i, and I highly recommend it. I found mine on eBay for crazy cheap.

Tekkeon no longer makes those powerful batteries, as I called them directly after not finding them available @ B&H Camera any longer, so reason after much research, went with the RavPower unit.
I have no problems with the A4 using it but have no idea how the other Elektron boxes would work and would not even try it for fear of frying something. For instance, I have a few ‘extra’ DSI Desktop Evolvers ever since I added a Poly Evolver Rack and poly chained it to one of my Mono Evolver keyboards, and would LOVE to take power pack, headphones, and Desktop Evolver out in coffee shop or nature but I will not risk it because the Desktop Evolver takes a funky 13 to 15 VDC, 500 mA.
I only have used the portable power with A4 because it’s already been done successfully with no issues many moons ago.

Tekkeon no longer makes those powerful batteries…[/quote]
tis’ a pity, but wouldn’t these work just as well?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekkeon-Mp3300-Mypower-All-Mobile-Power-Rechargeable-Battery-No-accessory-/131491482152?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9d80ca28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekkeon-myPower-ALL-36-Wh-Universal-Rechargeable-Battery-MP3300-/291341500598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d54e80b6

Yeah it would be fine, just 6000mah as opposed to nearly 10000mah with the 3450i… maybe thats why it was sold as the one to power sensitive equipment, i dont know but either way its a good price… i bought a 3300 to power my 9v gear and it failed after a while also but i got a good run out of it unlike the 3450i.

I want to purchase but cant!