Pops/Clicks — CPU Issues?

I have pops and clicks in almost every single multi-track sequence I compose on my Digitone. I’ve tried all the suggestions on this thread, nothing works. Very frustrating

1 Like

Anyone lately had any clicks/pops issues with the DN? I’ve been happily using mine for ages (over a year) and up until now I’ve always been able to identify and remove (if needed) clicks from voice stealing etc.

Was playing around with a tune and after so far ignoring overbridge (had many issues in the past and it stopped being fun) I thought I’d give the latest “stable” version a try, worked ok for about 10 minutes then (without actually changing any pattterns) I started getting awful clicks and pops from the digitone.

So I quit Live and shut down overbridge but now even after disconnecting the DN from everything (bar power and analog audio) and switching off and on, then reloading the project (from before overbridge) I’m still getting clicks and pops on this one pattern. It’s on the kick part, but that track is identical to the previous pattern which is playing fine. Even after copying and pasting the track I’m still getting terrible clicks and pops on this pattern.

I’ve got voice limits on every track so other tracks shouldn’t have any impact in theory… and this pattern used to play fine before I tried out overbridge, argh.

Will probably have to put in a support ticket, unless anyone can think of something I may have missed…?

1 Like

Are you using it as an audio interface via a computer?

Try setting the Phase Reset to OFF (on the second Synth page) on the clicking sounds.

This in reverse was the solution thanks!
Overbridge digitone VST must have changed some sound settings unintentionally (the weird thing is I never even saved the project and the new setting persisted). The pattern that sounded fine had phase reset to all and the bad pattern had it set to off so turning it back on has fixed things (in this case the start of the new voice needs to be at zero rather than anything else to avoid a click).

Still staying away from overbridge then :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Could the audio levels simply be clipping?

I think I may have sorted it, maybe give it a try

When I installed Overbridge a few weeks ago, it recommend me to lower the latency of the soundcard, in standalone mode and in use with the DAW, so i did, Since then I started getting clicks and pops I remove each cable of the Digitone and Digitakt to see but had no luck, till i turn down the volume on both devices, leaving the midi cable in, to trigger an external drum machine, when i notice i was still getting clicks as a triggered sounds in the drum machine into Ableton, then it dawned on me the latency, so i raised the latency of my soundcard, Problem solved, it may help some

Rising the latency doesn’t help here in Bitwig. Still Click & Pos in different configurations for Buffer Size and Sample Rate =((( MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB.

Are you also changing setting in overbridge engine / system … in addition to latency in daw ?
Do you get pops in the standalone app

Yes. Clicks and Pops everywhere. In the standalone app, in daw… I was trying to change settings everywhere but no success.

Maybe try having the same settings in standalone with your audio interface to see,

48,000 24bit, latency 256

Also, are you on the latest firmware? I used to sometimes get pops when I had my Digitone hooked up to the computer. But I haven’t had that issue for a while.