Poor Man's Solution to Split Digitakt Inputs

Hi everyone,

I’m a noobie Elektron or any hardware thing but I have some gear including Digitakt and wanted to tell how I deal with one of my problems.

The problem is I tried to split my inputs on Digitakt to use it as sound card for my other synths but I couldn’t find anything in Overbridge to do that. Inputs goes to Ableton as a stereo channel and there is no way to get them as two seperate mono channels. To apply different effects on different synths I tried to seperate them with ableton tools.

The hero is ‘‘utility’’ tool in Ableton. After create two audio channels which comes from Digitakt’s L/R input ,just apply each one of them utility tool. One of them will take only right side and other one will take only left side. Now, we have two seperate inputs to treat differently.

Here is a screenshot to clear things:

If there is more sensible solution please tell me. Thank you.

1 Like

It won’t let you choose L or R in the dropdown?

If not, then maybe in the preferences?

3 Likes

Thank you so much, it’s better. I will keep my inexperience here as a lesson.

2 Likes

I still find new stuff in Ableton ALL THE TIME. Better to ask and learn than fumble around in the dark. :smile:

2 Likes

listening to " as before and will again " … Lovely tune !

Thank you!

1 Like

I tried this, I don’t know why but it doesn’t work.

I use a Minilogue with mono to stereo cable splitter. How can i have a stereo signal with the DT as the sound card in Ableton ??

I think the Minilogue is mono, so any standard TS cable from the main output into one of the DT’s inputs will work. If you have another mono synth the setup above would work nicely :+1:t5:

Welcome to the forum! :champagne::confetti_ball:

Thanks for the warm welcome :slight_smile:
yes I know, I can record two synths on the same track in Ableton.
But I just want to record my synth on a mono track with the L/R input of the DT in Ableton
Do you have a solution to record on a mono track in Ableton ?

1 Like

I’m looking for the same, have you found the solution? I have connected mono synth into L input on Digitone and Ableton only playing left channel. Panning doesn’t help either

With DT OS 1.30 it’s possible to split to dual mono internally using the new Internal Mixer page, but dual mono settings are not recognised by OB - which will always record the 2x inputs as a hard-panned stereo file. DT’s OB plugs really should have the ability to split the inputs to dual mono.

3 Likes

They now have a dual mono on Digitone, so that you can send the internal effects to L or R Input in different values, but why can’t we record the inputs in either L(mono), R(mono), or L&R(stereo)?

Using the method presented in this thread, i get a significant drop in volume for the inputs =(
I’m using Digitone as an Overbridge VST3 in Ableton, btw.

Any thoughts, ideas and info would be uber appreaciated =)

I’m still using this method. And yes there is a drop on volume. Couldn’t do anything but turn the gain up on utility. if signal is clear it’s ok. there is no problem with my 0-coast but with twistedelectrons megafm, it’s really hard to get a clean signal but it’s one of megafm’s problem.

Years later, I couldn’t make it work either.