POLYRHYTHMS on the Monomachine

hi,

in conjunction to the arpegiators , I try to create polyrythms.

But I can’t totally suceed in it because of one main reason : I can’t be able to stop a SID arpegiator running independantly from the sequencer .

The tip for going into polyrythm territories is this :

make some several sequences on each track .
choose a track you want to be different in term of timing .
Set one trig in the slot one of the sequencer, and adds some notes ont the same trig to make a sid arpegiator possible to run.
Set a SID Arpeggiator on it .
Launch the sequence and just after, mute the track you have set the SID arpegiator.
The track becomes completely indepedant and runs following the SID arpegiator sequence.
The problem is how to stop this arpegiator while the track is muted and the sequencer keeps playing ?

This my question .

hope it’s clear .

thanks !

I don’t know if it’s OK for you, but you could mess with the output signal of your track to go to none of AB/CD/EF pair.

Not sure if I understand exactly what you are trying to do but SID arpeggiators Are Triggered only with hold 2 or more notes kind of like Legato on a mono synth.
You can stop a SID ARP at any point by laying down a single trig Note or Even A Triggless Trig. Perhaps if you want to stop it live then just make sure you are on the right layer and play a single note on your midi controller to stop the Arp. Sid is great for drum fills as well.

Not sure if this helps. I know I often do this.

If you have a MIDI controller to set the level/volume completely down on the track’s MIDI channel, you could at least keep it from feeding the delay anymore.

Otherwise, maybe unmute it really fast and just really quick press a trig to turn it off and reset the notes?

Last, the ugly but possibly safest option - go into the arpeggiator screen, flick the arp mode to OFF, and immediately turn it back to SID.

Any ideas on how to achieve this on the MnM? I guess the arp is the way to go but can’t figure a way to do it. There’s got to be a simpler way than this: POLYRHYTHMS on the Monomachine

I don’t think there is. I might be wrong of course.

i know this isn’t what youre asking for but for years i loved piping the Patterning/patterning2 sequencer into monomachine for more varied rhythms, plus you then have the relationship between the monomachine sequence and the ipad sequence which can be offset and freaked in fun ways

Thanks, I reckon a second sequencer is the way to go. I’ll experiment with triggering the sequencer externally from the Octatrack with individual step lengths and probability locks

1 Like

I got the Squarp Pyramid recently and it can do polyrhythms as well as polymeters. I can really recommend checking that out.

1 Like