Polyphony

I’m a n00b when it comes to the digitone so forgive me if this is obvious, but I have done some searching and can’t find the answer. So with the presets on the digitone, is it possible to alter the amount of voices/locked voices? I’m wanting to do triad chords with certain sounds but am limited to 2 voices on many fo them.

1 Like

go to the voices settings (the button above Unison). Once there turn the ‘E’ encoder so that you have the amount of voices you want. The first number is the amount of polyphony for that track and the parenthesis is to show you how many voices you have available for other tracks. 7(1) means that track can play 7 polyphony and there is only 1 more voice left for any other track.

3 Likes

appreciate the reply, I was able to figure that part out but why are so many of the sounds only able to reach 2 or 3 voices?

nevermind im an idiot lol figured it out

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m having a problem playing polyphonic chords on my digitone.

Midi keyboard going from midi out to midi in on the digitone.

I select a sound on T1, but whatever i select it just plays monophonic. Been thru all the menus i can, just can’t figure it out.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong here?

Thanks

did you check the voice settings (the button above Unison)?

1 Like

i did not! I will try that when i get back on it, thanks!

My apologies, i did check the search part that came up to the right as i was typing but didn’t see this thread.

Sorry for the double thread.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue, but regardless of what I set under the Unison menu, my sound is monophonic. I cannot play two notes at once under a certain sound. I’ve played with parameters and settings, made sure it wasn’t something funky in the LFO settings, compared settings to other sounds that can play 2+ polyphony, etc. Can’t get it sorted. Perhaps it’s something obvious that I’m missing…

Have you check the polyphony settings of the other tracks ?
If one shows 7(1), it means it would eat all the voices, leaving only one for the three other tracks…

Thank you, this is a good answer, but I should have specified it is not the case. Still struggling with this issue. I simply can’t play two or more notes at once on a patch that I made… but all signs indicated that it should work…