Polyphonic Digitakt via Retrokits RK-002 cable?

Disable audio tracks midi send for example.
I would disable everything and bring back needed midi control to check what causes feedback.

Don’t know DT parameters but midi loopback works really well with OT and MD, and it seems to works with DT here :

ok, thanks guys - i’ll look into disabling all else to see what the issue is while using a standard midi cable.

I’m keen to know if the RK-002 DELIBERATELY aims to address though…

You can filter some midi messages on the settings page yeah. But just turning off sending midi clock in DT and not double tapping stop saves you 40 dollar ;). Unless you want to use DT as a poly and Euclidean.

1 Like

So you confirm it doable!
I read it was not, which was surprising. :sketchy:

Well I haven’t changed the settings on the cable for quite some time but you can see in the settings video I did you can filter out clock and midi channels yeah :). I think their might be a more advanced settings page now no?

You mean for RK002?
My curiosity is concerning DT midi loopback.

I don’t have DT but the RK002 and OT, and I could make a sketch with Retrokits DUY :

1 Like

So DT midi loopback with no clock and no double stop = no freeze? (With a regular midi cable).

Do you know why? OT sends an All Notes Off and Prog Changes…

On DT it sends notes off as well.
Everything that causes an infinite loop will make it crash. So sending and receiving midi clock will do that. A note stop message probably causes it to infinitely send stop messages to itself causing it to freeze.

So afaik these are the only things you need to bypass.

1 Like

Hey Ortsa,

That is very cool - using the cc 120 filter. How did you know which number to filter? The listings for CCs 120-127 are not in the manual.

Also, what exactly is the code used on the RK-002 for this - it is combined with the polymux/Euclid… so you simply add more code?

Sorry for the questions, but a VERY simplified explanation would be great.

cheers

With a midi monitor you can check which midi messages are sent/receive.

CC 120 is a common midi message corresponding to ALL SOUNDS OFF.
https://www.midi.org/specifications-old/item/table-3-control-change-messages-data-bytes-2

Sketches (codes) can be edited, you can create new ones, combine several ones.
https://www.retrokits.com/rk002-duy/

Highly simplified answer. :joy:

1 Like

Copy / paste skills would suffice, if you follow Retrokits instructions to upload the sketches in the RK002. I can help editing code.

1 Like

I can have a look to your code if you want.
Tell me what’s wrong with it.

Ok thanks. Not sure to have the time to try till next week.
Ah and I forgot, my laptop screen is dead ! I can use my smartphone to copy / paste / edit the code though.

Hi guys,

I finally decided to go and buy the RK-002 cable for the DT.

I have the polymux and the euclid firmware installed.

The chromatic keyboard works fine. I have tried to set it up to play midi chords into the track channel (i.e. midi trigs). It works for a little while then crashes. I know I can of course play live and record the notes in live recording mode from the midi keyboard to the track, and then quantise etc., but is there a way to sequence midi trigs without a crash?

If so, what settings are you guys using?

I don’t have DT but what do you mean by crash? Freeze, reboot?

yes, it freezes then I have to reboot.

it usually works once…then freezes.

I have the same and it works. Although it took me some time to get my head around it. Maybe check the midi sync settings. On YouTube there is a video were it is explained quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fQXK7J1txc check this video :wink:

1 Like

yeah, I have followed all the youtube exactly :frowning:

Clk: receive only
https://www.retrokits.com/rk002/exchange/ - from here I used the polymux + euclid version

MIDI track A is firing off TWO notes at once. (channel A is set to 9 in midi, matching the default setting in the DUY download from retrokits. )

strangely, if I copy the whole midi track A onto B, then the notes on tracks 1-4 cycle through individually. However, on track A, they double up (1+4; then 2+3, or sometimes 1+2; then 3+4). What on earth os going on guys?!

…and yeah, it seems the DUY does not remove the cc120…

EDIT: FYI : I have fixed the double voicing on track 9 - the midi settings should be set to off (unlike the settings suggested in one of the youtube videos).

However, the euclidean + polymux code does not enable double stop (all voices off, cc120). Someone should fix that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn! Tried to get this working for the last 3 hours with 4 different audio interfaces. No success so far. :confused: I wish the cable had an led that shows if it recieved the firmware and the setting changes.

1 Like