Polyend Play

First posted on this forum here: Superbooth 21 - #560 by Jukka

Name revealed as “Play” here: Polyend Play - #576 by alexbuga

EDIT: If you’re confused about why you’re getting notifications about this thread, it was originally titled: “Polyend un-named machine at SuperBooth 21”

EDIT2: For anyone wanting to skip all the speculation, the real info starts about here.

9 Likes

Stradivarius killer for sure!

3 Likes

It seems to be the same size as Tracker, with a plastic bottom and metal top case. It seems to be USB powered, too, just like Tracker, with a mini jack output/headphone combo. Smaller screen to accommodate more buttons. And no jog wheel which is the weak point in the Tracker design.

2 Likes

Poluge

12 Likes

by Dolyend

5 Likes

I like the holes in the side. This one will definitely be more aerodynamic.

5 Likes

I’ve seen this a few times today already, but I’m just now comprehending how many encoders are up there at the top.

2 Likes

Don’t even think they have knobcaps…

Is that Isobutane? If so, maybe there is audio from his set the detectives here could dissect? 🥸:face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

1 Like

They over-corrected after seeing a couple people complain about the Tracker only having one knob

5 Likes

He has done many videos/songs “for” Polyend on the Tracker. His songs in different genres helped to demonstrate that the Tracker is as flexible as a musician wants it to be (IMO). :slight_smile:

I never noticed the tattoos because I was usually not watching, just listening while doing dishes. :laughing:

7 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

My own preference is a built-in battery.

1 Like

Knobs are so 2010s. It’s all trim pots now.

1 Like

If this is a Deluge like device, TAKE MY MONEY NOW.

Fingers crossed for a Groovebox with synth capabilities and sampling capabilities.
My favorite thing on the Deluge was making synths from samples. Actually my favorite thing on every groovebox I own :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The korg wavestate is very powerful in this regard.

2 Likes

Yeah, but you see I like self contained small, sleek, portable boxes :smiley:

1 Like

Understandable.

According to this vid(around the 3 minute mark) they’ll (hopefully) show this off at the next SuperBooth in May, but it depends on how the chip shortage goes https://youtu.be/lrTGhbAJSpY

…all tomorrows parties…

and u gear junkie guys are ALL really into spy movies and deep learning research mission impossible, are’nt u… :wink:

not into bragging at all…but u deserve me to brag a little…it’s too tempting…here…so forgive me…if i say…

cenk saw it…i saw it…and not too many more saw it too…
we also heard it…aaaand we even know it’s name…
and nope…that’s all i’m sayin…i’m over and out… :wink:

9 Likes

You bastard! Spill the beans! :joy:

2 Likes