Polyend Tracker

Yup, fully agreed. A manual would indeed help.

Source?

Yeah that was pretty much my thought when I went to there website, no manual = definitely no preorder for me. Probably not the time for me to get something new like tracker also but the idea they prioritize pushing units to influencers to sell preorders over having a manual that actually lets people know how the thing works and it’s full feature set really rubs me the wrong way.

3 Likes

Are there known unknown unknowns? Things that we know that we do not know that we do not know.

I would answer yes: the OT manual.

1 Like

+1

3 Likes

Googling “Rytm BD plastic ring mod”
The manual.
The change log.
The title post of the OS 1.30 thread.
The BD Plastic machine on the Rytm itself.

6 Likes

Op-Z

is a tracker, tho

Slavoj-Zizek-57859411a44f817186f2c66c2f28ccfe
Sniffs. Scratches nose.

1 Like

Cheers!

I didn’t think about this, I loved that Barker was testing it out. Will the tracker be useful and utilitarian like the digitakt or will it be some new piece of hardware that people sell after a month of using it. We still see the digitakt/tone everywhere. I don’t see something like the op z near as often.

1 Like

I think it will be reasonably successful… stuff like having a song mode and being around the 500$ price range seems like it will fit for a lot of people looking for alternative sequencer sampler type stuff. Doesn’t seem quite fit the utility bill of a digitakt give the even more limited sample size (unless it changes?) No dedicated midi tracks. We will see though song mode is a big deal for many people.

2 Likes

The OP-Z execution in its tinyness is not applicable to pro or elderly musicians. Look at the hassle Cuckoo went through in order to get Controller hooked up to it. And how cramped his whole body looked during his concerts. Poor Cuckoo!

1 Like

One of the key sentences in the Interview with Polyend Jacek was, that they planned to open the OS, so that 3rd party developer can join in and bring their plugins to PT too. That is, depending on the execution, a huge thing, that will create together with the promised mod exchange Site, some growing community around it. I don’t see the DT and PT as competing products too. The DT with its knobbyness is for sure more of a jamstrument, while PT is on the composing Site. Use both and you have an ideal live Setup, IMHO.

2 Likes

Well, I question the need for an own site when also an existing service like https://patchstorage.com can be used. In the end it boils down to file sharing, isn’t it? Or is there some device integration planned I’m not aware of?

BTW: I wonder why no one has started uploading patches and patterns of Elektron devices there …

Since the 3rd party extensions (synth or fx) needs to operate on each sample of an audio stream a scripting language won’t fit the bill. My guess is a C/C++ API quite similar to what Korg is providing with their Prologue SDK

1 Like

Thats still 16x more than in the Amiga 500…

Chris Hülsbeck!

2 Likes

That’s where command effects come into play, you can retrigger notes, alter the sample start point and delay notes without having to do what you said.

1 Like

You must YTstream your Bug hunting, and do funny Off Screen comments.

Depends. Lua might fit the bill. What ever the lang, it just has to compile to binary formate that could be used by the chipset.
remember, programming languages are just specs for a language, not the actual run time.

1 Like

I do.
Throwing bombs anyone too?