Polyend Play

I hope its a glitchy groovebox :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Right? I just started running everything from my Tracker, was beginning to flirt with using the M8 as a brain, but took a break to get down with the Hapax, and now this? (Also got an amazing deal on an OT in there. But that’s cool. I’ve heard those are super easy to learn.)

I give up. I’m just going to become a collector over the next few months, MIDI all the things, then sell the 95% that doesn’t spark joy in the spring.

2 Likes

:laughing:

I’m really good at learning the Octatrack. But then, I’ve had a lot of practice - I have to learn it again every time I switch it on.

6 Likes

Interesting how the lights aren’t always going in the same direction. Some are going right to left, some seem to be jumping around willy-nilly. I do hope this has onboard synthesis (or at least sample playing) options. It looks like it could be very fun and hands on to play, with some new tricks up its sleeve.

3 Likes

This is my favorite video so far because about 5 rows up from the bottom, it looks like one of them keeps running on, and then off-camera like they are being chased, while the rest hop around all willy-nilly. Maybe this is Zombie Apocolypse simulation mode?

2 Likes

This is a sequencer only. Thats why your only seeing the grid and nothing else.

1 Like

If this is a Sequenzer only, what Kind of Soundmodule ist sequenced? There are’nt a alot of multitimbral synthesizers out there These days…i guess it’s a stripped down Sample engine frome the polyend tracker, combined with polyend sequencer. It Sounds Like a noise drumkit in the te-op 1 Drumsampler, with a Lot of random lfo an Sample start/end…

It’s the sidewalk from the Billie Jean video

4 Likes

I am still hoping it is not just a sequencer. It does look like it has stereo audio cables coming out the back.

1 Like

Them be midi breakout cables…

1 Like

In the picture it looks like one 1/8" jack is being split into two. Also looks too thin to be Midi at the connectors.

For reference, here is a picture of the stereo audio breakout cable that came with my Tracker:

2 Likes

It has a Synstrom Deluge look about it. Maybe…

How would that work? Break Out Cables for Midi to go in to 1 port? Doesn’t Midi need an In and an Out port…not sure that can be resolved over a break out cable going into a single port. None of my existing gear resolves into a single port this way.

I think this is either Audio In or Out…like the Tracker is set up.

But what do I know…I’m a Midiot most of the time :slight_smile:

Some have one port that splits into in and out, Yamaha on the Reface DX for example or the TT 303 Mk1.

2 Likes

The white portion of the cable makes me think it’s MIDI.

1 Like

Could also be two audio outs, vertically arranged…the cable on the left kinda looks like it’s going under the other one, not sure, tho.

Nah, probaply a splitter…at that angle we’d see the other plug if there were two.

Still think Scott Solida let it slip saying he used it not played it. Not buying his argument.

1 Like

Squarp is loving this.

1 Like

1 Like

Forget the breakout cables, what was in the glass?

2 Likes