Polyend Play

No no, it will sample. Just like Tracker. I’m just hoping it will be stereo sampling this time :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

“Randomize sample in folder” - curious if that randomizes samples from folders directly, like disk streaming, or it just loads random samples from a folder into memory.

As for stereo… yeah it sucks, but honestly it didn’t bother me that much on OP-1, OP-Z, Circuit Rhythm, Digitakt… as long as it has a nice reverb.

I hoped it had synth engines… less gas for me if it doesn’t :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’M HERE AND IT LOOKS GLORIOUS :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Looking again at all the parameters I can make out, it looks very much like everything Tracker has in a different layout (for those put off by trackers no doubt). There’s a single resonant filter, attack, decay, overdrive, bitcrushing, master FX (probs the widening space thingy and a compressor/limiter), etc etc. So yeah, I think it’ll be a lot closer to Tracker than we first thought, but with steps placed on a grid and the right side taking over from Tracker’s performance FX.

2 Likes

Give me -
Stereo samples
Goddam proper headroom to let each sample breathe
Solid converters
Streaming

And whatever else you put in there, I’m okay with. But make the foundation strong, please.

8 Likes

You mean a man can’t have too many samplers :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

what are the labels? someone enhance im still at work >.<

And hopefully not restricted to 133 seconds per project.

3 Likes

pretty disappointed to see the lack of ins and outs on the back. will be curious to see if this is a worthwhile sampler or a worthwhile sequencer. no shortage of samplers or grid sequencers, so will hopefully have something new to offer

1 Like

Yeah, that was kinda understandable with the Tracker workflow, but not here so much. Unleash the long samples, please, Polyend!

looks great! like a model:samples pro deluxe edition, well done!

edit: wait…this would be digitakt…anyway…just ordered

19 Likes

DIN-ner

26 Likes

lol :slight_smile:

This is basically Polyend Model:Samples.

It doesn’t look like it samples does it!?

Edit: I’m very convinced this doesn’t sample, looking at the picture on the backside tge dongle is a 3,5 to 6,3 stereo dongle besides it lurks what seems like two other 3,5mm connections and my guess is that they are midi.

Edit 2: it looks like a micro sd card further to the right as well!

so a sampler / sequencer + deluge style the-buttons-are-the-screen screen + actual screen? Looks good. Looks real good

1 Like

Well this looks cool. I’m trying to avoid buying any more samplers as I’m committed to the Oxi One and MacBook Air M1, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy getting my hands on one when I cave in and buy one.

What Piotr said in this interview is that the new device is going to be easy for people to star making music without prior experience / or lack of time to study the manual, he also said that 30 second video on their website will be enough to get the idea of how to use it and make music with it, so they put a lot of effort in making it easy to use and intuitive probably via hardware itself as well as the user interface.

Can’t wait !

9 Likes

Cool, I wonder what price tag it will have. Similar to Tracker perhaps? Eager to see more