Polyend Play

This silence is killing me softly … With her song

7 Likes

:joy:

Exactly two weeks until superbooth. Perfect day to launch :rocket:

1 Like

Why do I have a feeling they will launch then and not two weeks before… let’s hope it’s not not the case.

Btw Thomann just sent me my UPS notification for Syntakt so at this moment they can launch anytime. I can’t cancel my order now.

1 Like

9 Likes

Okay, so we did not get it this week. I doubt there would be a product release on a Friday so more wait is what it is. In the meantime, Deluge just got a 4.0 update with a bunch of cool features we all wished this Polyend device would do. So if it is really what it seems to be, the teasing took so long that the bar just got upped in the meantime😀

3 Likes

You have 30 days, from now :wink:

Seems the release date will be around next week or two weeks from now. Everything is going fine, Polyend Copper will be released.

2 Likes

Cmon Ben. Toy cufflinks aint going to fool anyone.

We need a lip reader for 1:55:48 :sweat_smile:

The Synthstrom now has everything except a screen! Its a great device with a suburb developer but I ended up selling mine as I just didn’t get the muscle memory required to use it properly, I’m just to lazy I guess, I either needed a screen or something far less complex and capable than the Synthstrom.

2 Likes

He said “Look at these fools how they’ll babble on Elektronauts for days about an empty Pelikan box” :))

So… babble babble babble :smiley:

On a more serious note, IT BETTER BE FUCKING GREAT, not good. Otherwise… all this teasing was just annoying.

Seriously… I think I checked Instagram and this thread countless times during work.

2 Likes

Is that the ‘official’ name ? Or some joke that’s gone over my head ?

A bad joke that probably got under your feet (My joke game is … something else :smiley: )

1 Like

Copper is British for Police.

Really? Do you know why?

Edit: I haven’t realized the obvious connection between "copper"and “cop” (because I thought it had something to fo with the metal/chemical element) but here’s a nice explanation I saw in Wikipedia (I hope it’s correct):

The term copper was the original word, used in Britain to mean “someone who captures”. In British English, the term cop is recorded (Shorter Oxford Dictionary) in the sense of ‘to capture’ from 1704, derived from the Latin capere via the Old French caper .[15] The OED suggests that “copper” is from “cop” in this sense, but adds that the derivation is uncertain. Many imaginative but incorrect stories have come up over the years, including that cop refers to the police uniform’s copper buttons, the police man’s copper badge, or that it is an abbreviation for “constable on patrol”, “constabulary of police”, or “chief of police”.[16]

Edit 2: and now I’m reading the entire Wikipedia page about police-related slang terms

See, Polyend, why you must release it urgently!

2 Likes

I saw people complaining about how it sounds. Was it bad sounding, or not satisfying soundwise, for you.

You should definitely check out the deluge thread on this board – there’s a lot more discussion of the internal synth engines there that might help you understand what people’s gripes are.

Personally, I don’t think the Deluge’s synths sound bad, there are just a few limitations:

• Synth param controls often aren’t granular enough. One common complaint is that the “useable range” of an effect or parameter is all within the first 5 (out of 50) settings on the knob. The onboard saturation, for example. I’ve never use it above maybe 6 or 7, honestly. I’d much rather have 20 more individual stops along that 1-7 range. And if you look closely at the .xml files that get generated for Deluge projects, the device is totally capable of more granular settings for all of its params – the 0-50 range is just a convention that gets applied over the top.
  • “Meh” FX – Chorus, Phaser, and Flanger are all included as onboard effects, but they’re really hard to tame and make sound decent (in part due to the setting granularity thing I mentioned above).
  • No LPF/HPF on FM synth. :frowning:

That’s just a few I can think of off the top of my head, but just to be clear, I actually don’t have a problem with the internal synths in Deluge. I’m pretty happy with the patches I’ve made, and as many people have mentioned in the Deluge thread, the “Boards of Deluge” and Rephazer Deluge patch packs are worth getting/listening to their samples to hear what the box is capable of. And of course, on top of all that it’s a pretty capable sampler.

My biggest gripe at the moment is the screen, but a lot of that was mitigated in 4.0 with the folder structure so I don’t have to scroll endlessly through synth patches.

1 Like

I loved the Deluge for what it brings to the table, portable, with a battery, in that single unit. At the end sold it, because my eyes are not good enough anymore to see the sub labels for all the options outside perfect light conditions and because I missed a way to find back into a project, when I didn’t touched it for a while.
Effects could be better, Headroom all together could be better and no LPF on the FM was a bummer too, and what @porkloin said in its first bullet point: way too much parameters that are not usable (for me) outside a very small range and with that a way to rough resolution.

1 Like