Polyend Play

14 Likes

TextSynth certainly seems to.

3 Likes

dream instrument

1 Like

The problem with collaborations are they are based on trust. Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim were good buddies. As easy collab. Hard to share your best assets with another company purely on financial prospects. Thats why you dont see many.

After Squarp releasing the Hapax which looks rather sexy btw with a similar look/form factor, I keep coming back to this thread and keep thinking about this thing. I am afraid that it will indeed be released at Superbooth so we will all have to wait until May to finally experience it in full but there are two questions in my head:

• I was an early adopter of the Medusa, I still have and love that thing but it was probably the most unreliable piece of instrument I bought. I love Polyend, their customer service was fantastic but they had to replace my unit twice and the whole thing just felt not ready. Reading about the Tracker, I see that we are on the third iteration now as there were some issues with the jog wheel. So, will this new thing be reliable the day it sees the sun? Software doesn’t brother me, I am fine waiting for new firmwares but hardware issues are a different story.
  • I also think/hope that this will be a Deluge-esque device but is there any chance they are going a different route and this ends up being the successor of the discontinued Medusa in the sense of it being a sequences FM synth (with possible drum voices) without sample playback for example?

I guess I am just speculating to pass the waiting time and will be preordering no matter what …haha

3 Likes

Will Polyend release more details before superbooth?

Personally I hope this is something between a Circuit Rhythm and MPC One and Model:Cycles, with some serious sample-mangling capabilities and wild synth sounds, performance features, midi sequence external gear, and plenty of storage. That is personal preference rather than suggestions for a coherent product :laughing:

1 Like

Tracker ?

1 Like

polyend has learned so much from the release of the tracker with the omission of an actual resampling feature, the jogwheel, and even got an lesson in perception because of the response to the changes made to the tracker chassis that I have no doubt that their next outing will take these things into account. Their next beat machine is sure to be one to watch for.

1 Like

Yep, I realise what I’m saying is very close to their Tracker :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Nearly bought one but I’m just not sure about the tracker part :sweat_smile: I think I’d prefer something which is more about pad bashing or step sequencing.

:eyes: Is this the new thing?

7 Likes

It sure looks like it. I had a feeling it would have blinky lights, but I didn’t want to jinx it.

2 Likes

Hapax-like?

A different angle, which they retweeted:

Still no clearer if this is just a sequencer or if it is also a sampler and maybe a sound module…

3 Likes

(I’m using it right now… :stuck_out_tongue:)

21 Likes

ah here :hear_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

Wha???

1 Like

So it’s a keyboard?! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

spill the beans :partying_face:

1 Like

I so badly want this to be a Tracker sized 16 Track Seq+Medusa device from PolyEnd :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah a clue. You didnt say Playing it. You said using it. So its a sequencer🍿

3 Likes