Poly config with individual outs /Mk2/

Hi,
I have a question. I use A4 mk2 with individual outs to my mixer and sometimes I want a certain track to be polyphonic. Is there a way to set it up like that? I tried all the settings but the voices are jumping between outputs. It all works fine via main output which mixes everything. But I want to have control over separate tracks in my mixer (eq, fx, side chain etc).
Is it possible or are the track outputs physically connected to voice chips?
Cheers, G.

1 Like

What you want is absolutely not possible for the reason you allude to

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought that maybe there is a way to mix voices inside before they leave via indivual outputsā€¦ So maybe a solution would be to add a 5th track for analog4 on my console and ā€œunrouteā€ tracks I want to be monophinic from main output?

1 Like

sounds like a good plan - but be sure to test the way voices are allocated - thereā€™s quite a lot of flexibility there, but this sounds doable (either that or sub-mix poly voices before feeding to desk channel)

Does the A4mk2 allow for playing 3-4 voices of poly chords from one track without sounding through all of the A4ā€™s individual Track Outs? I like the idea of playing poly chords out the main output with stereo FX and restrict the remaining individual tracks for mono sounds without stereo FX. I want to be able to use one of the A4ā€™s tracks for some external processing from a monosynth. Though, I select external input in the OSC menus, I still hear single voices from the 3-4 poly chord sounding from the individual Track Out, blending with the external audio signal. I hope it is possible. If so, I would really love some help or direction on how to do it. Thanks for letting me vent this process aloud.

If I follow ā€¦ not doable, voices are totally discrete or summed at Main outs

each individual out is one voice dry - the moment you start racking up poly they appear there and there is a Max voice count of four at all times - individual outs will always sound one of the ā€˜chordā€™ notes

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I tried to experiment with turning off the oscillators on the other tracks, but it still sent out individual voices of the chords to the individual Track Outs. Now I understand how to take advantage of the polyphonic features.

1 Like